Now, according to a USA Today report, Walker will have a second chance as the hitting coach for the Atlanta Braves.
“Pathetic” is the only word to describe the collapse of the Boston Red Sox. And they won’t get any sympathy from Chicago Cubs fans.
A benchwarmer hitting .108 saves Tampa Bay. A $142 million star lets it slip away for Boston. A rookie closer falters in Atlanta. An ace delivers for St. Louis.
Never in the long history of Major League Baseball has any team held a lead in September of eight games or more for a postseason berth and failed to clinch.
Atlanta’s Brian McCann hit a three-run homer in the first and a solo shot in the seventh for his eighth career multi-homer game.
Alfonso Soriano homered, Randy Wells pitched effectively into the seventh and the Chicago Cubs beat the Atlanta Braves 3-2 on Wednesday night.
Craig Kimbrel tied a major league rookie record with his 40th save, Jason Heyward hit his first career grand slam, and the Atlanta Braves hung on to win their sixth straight, beating the Chicago Cubs 5-4 on Tuesday night.
All-Star shortstop Starlin Castro was back leading off for the Chicago Cubs against Atlanta on Tuesday after sitting out a game because he wasn’t paying attention in the field as a pitch was thrown.
Jair Jurrjens pitched in and out of trouble for 6 1-3 innings, Dan Uggla and Freddie Freeman homered and the Atlanta Braves beat the Chicago Cubs 3-0 Monday night for their fifth straight win.
The Chicago Cubs stopped Dan Uggla’s 33-game hitting streak and rallied from a four-run deficit to beat the Atlanta Braves 6-5 on Sunday.
The latest entry in Dan Uggla’s improbable hitting streak was not enough for Atlanta as Starlin Castro and Darwin Barney each had four hits to help the Chicago Cubs beat the Braves 8-4 on Saturday night.
Chicago Cubs manager Mike Quade says Carlos Zambrano cleaned out his locker and “walked out” on the team after giving up five homers in Friday night’s 10-4 loss to the Atlanta Braves.
Dan Uggla belted a pair of solo homers off Carlos Zambrano to extend his hitting streak to an Atlanta-record 32 games and lead the Braves to a 10-4 victory over the Chicago Cubs on Friday night.
There’s a chance the White Sox could have an opening for Dayan Viciedo, but the outfielder might not be ready.
Steve Stone believes the next 12 games — all against AL Central opponents — will decide whether the White Sox are buyers or sellers.
Could White Sox outfielder Carlos Quentin be headed to the Atlanta Braves? Speculation says it’s possible.
Baseball can be dangerous, especially from the rogue foul balls flying toward the fans. One danger that isn’t heard of that often is losing an eye from a foul ball. CBSSports is reporting that a minor-league coach had been hit by a line drive and lost an eye.
Multiple sources are reporting Wednesday that the Cubs are close to shipping Derrek Lee to the Braves. It’s believed that the Cubs would get some combination of minor leaguers in return. While Lee declined to […]
According to media reports the Chicago Cubs are close to finalizing a deal that would send Derrek Lee to the Atlanta Braves.
- The List: Chicago Schools To Be ClosedThe Chicago School Board voted to close 49 underutilized or underperforming elementary schools on Wednesday as part of a plan to close a $1 billion budget deficit.492
- Board Votes To Close 49 Chicago Elementary SchoolsThe Chicago Board of Education on Wednesday voted to close 49 elementary schools, in what is believed to be the biggest single mass shutdown of schools in U.S. history.4834
- Lockdown Lifted At Morton West High SchoolMorton West High School has been placed on lock down for precautionary reasons after an unknown individual entered the building.558
- Former Glenbard East Student Accused Of Planning Columbine-Type AttackA 19-year-old former student at Glenbard East High School in Lombard was in custody on Wednesday, accused of planning a "Columbine-style" attack on the school, with a list of people he wanted to target.561
- Woman Robs North Side BankA woman robbed a Lakeview bank Tuesday afternoon on the city’s North Side.262
- Four Schools To Be Spared From Closing; Another To Be DelayedHours before a final vote by the Chicago Board of Education, Chicago Public Schools officials have agreed to back off of plans to close four of the 53 elementary schools targeted for closing at the end of the school year, Board Vice President Jesse Ruiz confirmed Wednesday morning.415
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!