A day after the body of a child believed to be Bryeon Hunter – the 20-month-old Maywood boy allegedly killed by his mother and her boyfriend – the man who found the body met the child’s grandmother.
Chicago Police fatally shot a motorist in south suburban East Hazel Crest on Tuesday evening after the man rammed a police vehicle while attempting to flee from undercover investigators, officials said.
A 33-year-old northwest suburban woman found dead inside her townhome early Saturday was stabbed to death, according to the results of an autopsy conducted Monday.
The Cook County Medical Examiner announced Friday that an autopsy of a poisoned lottery winner shed no new light on how cyanide got into his system.
An autopsy was conducted Friday on the body of a lottery winner who died from cyanide poisoning last year, after his body was exhumed for further testing, but the results of those tests won’t be completed for a few weeks.
It’s a fascinating mystery, with more questions than answers. Authorities have been trying to determine who poisoned a man who died days after winning a $1 million jackpot in a lottery instant game.
An autopsy has found that Dallas Cowboys practice squad player Jerry Brown Jr. was sober when he was killed in a crash that led to an intoxication manslaughter charge against the teammate at the wheel.
The pathologist who ruled Kathleen Savio was the victim of a homicide after authorities reopened their investigation into her death said being skeptical was the key to determining it was no simple accident.
For a second day, the focus in the Drew Peterson murder trial has been the two autopsies that came to different conclusions about Kathleen Savio’s death, and the judge has had to tell the lawyers to stop bickering in front of jurors.
A nursing school classmate of Kathleen Savio’s testified Thursday that Savio talked about domestic violence committed against her by Drew Peterson, and showed her the marks that he had left.
A Tuesday autopsy determined that an elderly woman died in part from the heat — the 19th heat-related death in Cook County in a week.
It’s been months since a 45-year-old man died one week after North Chicago police officers allegedly beat him during an arrest, but Lake County authorities have yet to issue an autopsy report. Attorneys said Wednesday an independent autopsy proves Darrin Hanna died from police brutality.
A Saturday autopsy determined the death of a woman found unresponsive Friday in her Southwest Side residence was cold related.
Former Weezer bass player Mikey Welsh, who also found success in his second career as an artist, died in a Chicago hotel room, police said Sunday.
An autopsy on Wednesday proved inconclusive in the death of a 62-year-old Roselle man who died after he attempted to clear a nest of bees or hornets that was near his home.
An autopsy is planned for a man whose body was pulled from a lake near Fox Lake over the weekend, after he was reported missing.
The exteme heat is suspected of being a factor in the deaths of at least seven Cook County residents in the last few days.
An autopsy has been deemed inconclusive for a 17-year-old boy who died in police custody, after being arrested for possession of heroin on the city’s West Side.
The body found bound and beaten to death inside a plastic container in the Far South Side Roseland neighborhood has been identified as a missing northwest Indiana woman.
The probe continues into the bizarre death of Christian Choate – the 13-year-old boy who was kept in a dog cage for a year in a Northwest Indiana trailer park.
- Board Votes To Close 49 Chicago Elementary SchoolsThe Chicago Board of Education on Wednesday voted to close 49 elementary schools, in what is believed to be the biggest single mass shutdown of schools in U.S. history.4639
- Lockdown Lifted At Morton West High SchoolMorton West High School has been placed on lock down for precautionary reasons after an unknown individual entered the building.558
- Former Glenbard East Student Accused Of Planning Columbine-Type AttackA 19-year-old former student at Glenbard East High School in Lombard was in custody on Wednesday, accused of planning a "Columbine-style" attack on the school, with a list of people he wanted to target.561
- Woman Robs North Side BankA woman robbed a Lakeview bank Tuesday afternoon on the city’s North Side.262
- Four Schools To Be Spared From Closing; Another To Be DelayedHours before a final vote by the Chicago Board of Education, Chicago Public Schools officials have agreed to back off of plans to close four of the 53 elementary schools targeted for closing at the end of the school year, Board Vice President Jesse Ruiz confirmed Wednesday morning.415
- Boy, 17, Fatally Shot In Back Of The YardsA teenage boy was fatally shot in the South Side Back of the Yards neighborhood Tuesday evening, police said.147
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!