The governor’s brother, John Quinn, will remain on the faculty as a social studies teacher. He’s been at the Catholic high school in Oak Park for more than 30 years, and won a Golden Apple Award in 1992. Both brothers are alums of the school.
A former basketball coach at a South Side charter school pleaded not guilty Tuesday to sexually assaulting a 17-year-old girl in the South Chicago neighborhood, and also asked a judge to lower his $500,000 bond.
The family of a popular basketball coach who was found shot to death in a parking lot in south suburban Calumet Park was asking for help Wednesday to find the killer.
A 40-year-old man has taken the southwest suburban Burbank park district to court, charging he was sexually abused during the 1980s.
Former Knox High School boys basketball coach Todd Boldry was arrested by Knox police Friday morning at Knox Middle School for two felony charges, child seduction and official misconduct.
John Groce has been hired as the new men’s basketball coach for Illinois.
Butler’s Brad Stevens will not be taking over as Illini basketball coach.
An East Aurora High School basketball coach is out of a job after what a school spokesman describes as an out-of-control incident.
A teacher and coach at a high school in Orland Park was being being held on $250,000 bond Tuesday morning, on charges he sexually abused a student.
Crete-Monee High School boys basketball coach Matt Ryndak was charged with aggravated criminal sexual abuse for allegedly fondling a teenage boy four times in 2010.
A published report says Illini basketball coach Bruce Weber may be looking to leave for Oklahoma.
- Mother Of Student Pushed Down School Stairs ‘Enraged’ At Security GuardNew video surfaced Friday that appears to show sophomore Lauren Goodlow being pushed by a male security guard. CBS 2's Dorothy Tucker reports.329
- House Passes Concealed Carry Plan Opposed By Senate LeaderGun owners in the only state still banning concealed weapons would win that right under a plan approved by the Illinois House on Friday, but the governor and other powerful Democrats oppose the plan because it would wipe out local gun ordinances -- including Chicago's ban on assault weapons.220
- Two Shot Near Roosevelt CTA StationAround 11:10 a.m., a 57-year-old man and a 30-year-old man were shot in the 1100 block of South State Street.256
- Store Owner Kidnapped In Pilsen, SUV StolenPolice said the 78-year-old man was closing the store in the 1100 block of West 18th Street when a group of men threw a pillowcase over his head, hit him in the face, and forced him into his own SUV.248
- Man Found Shot To Death In Zion Supermarket Parking LotThe man found shot to death in a parking in north suburban Zion on Thursday afternoon has been identified as a Waukegan resident.152
- School Warns Parents Of Kidnapping Attempt On PlaygroundA man tried to abduct a 4th grader from the playground at Alexander Graham Bell Elementary School at 3730 N Oakley Ave on Wednesday.150
- Benjamin Moore Which Team Colors Matter Most? May 24, 2013Which Team Colors matter most to you? Either way, you could be a winner! Just sign up now for a chance to win $500 Depot Dollars to the Chicago Sports Depot to pick up some gear with your favorite team colors as they battle it out this week!
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!