Young patients at Lurie’s Children’s Hospital got a surprise Friday when members of a window cleaning came to work dress in unusual uniforms.
Steve Ostergaard of Lake Bluff was at a Denver-area conference last week and took 12 students to see a late showing of “The Dark Knight Rises,” when gunfire erupted in the auditorium next door.
Persons who only make our nation’s bad times worse by spewing ill-timed hate and prejudice ought to keep their microphones turned off.
Steve Ostergaard talked to CBS 2 about the terrifying experience of being one room away from the gunman who shot at moviegoers.
A member of the U.S. Navy originally from northwest suburban Crystal Lake was among those killed in Friday’s Colorado movie theater attack.
One of the 13 people killed in this morning’s shooting at a Colorado movie theater was Jessica Ghawi, an aspiring sportscaster who worked under the name Jessica Redfield.
Get ready for a grim conclusion to Christopher Nolan’s three-picture Batman saga, CBS 2′s Michael Walters says.
There just ain’t no other place like Chicago. (Don’t judge my grammar now, I’m on a roll here.) We’re radicool (made that word up, sweet, right?), and here are five great movies that recognize that.
There’s a big question being asked about Chicago’s ties to a film franchise, and no one has an answer – at least not yet.
Cops say he tried to rob another man, fled and crashed.
- Some People You Should Know: The MelodeersIt all began when barbershop patrons started singing while waiting to get their hair cut. A century or so later, the Melodeers chorus is taking the music to a dazzling new height with 140 ladies singing in unaccompanied four-part harmony. CBS 2's Harry Porterfield reports.155
- Mother Of Student Pushed Down School Stairs ‘Enraged’ At Security GuardNew video surfaced Friday that appears to show sophomore Lauren Goodlow being pushed by a male security guard. CBS 2's Dorothy Tucker reports.329
- House Passes Concealed Carry Plan Opposed By Senate LeaderGun owners in the only state still banning concealed weapons would win that right under a plan approved by the Illinois House on Friday, but the governor and other powerful Democrats oppose the plan because it would wipe out local gun ordinances -- including Chicago's ban on assault weapons.220
- Two Shot Near Roosevelt CTA StationAround 11:10 a.m., a 57-year-old man and a 30-year-old man were shot in the 1100 block of South State Street.256
- Store Owner Kidnapped In Pilsen, SUV StolenPolice said the 78-year-old man was closing the store in the 1100 block of West 18th Street when a group of men threw a pillowcase over his head, hit him in the face, and forced him into his own SUV.248
- Man Found Shot To Death In Zion Supermarket Parking LotThe man found shot to death in a parking in north suburban Zion on Thursday afternoon has been identified as a Waukegan resident.152
- Benjamin Moore Which Team Colors Matter Most? May 24, 2013Which Team Colors matter most to you? Either way, you could be a winner! Just sign up now for a chance to win $500 Depot Dollars to the Chicago Sports Depot to pick up some gear with your favorite team colors as they battle it out this week!
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!