A DePaul University student was sentenced to 145 days behind bars Thursday after admitting his role in a deadly Indiana brawl that claimed the life of a Beverly teenager.
No worries if you find that your apartment barely has enough breathing for you and Fido. Chicago and its surrounding suburbs have plenty of “dog friendly areas” where you two can go outdoors and take in the fresh air and get some exercise.
The National Weather Service says there is an increased risk of rip currents along the lake in Cook and Lake (Ill.) counties through Sunday evening.
A popular beach and also the largest public one in Chicago, Montrose Beach is located near the Uptown neighborhood. It has fun activities for everyone in the family including the dog.
There is a reason why Chicago is labeled as the Third Coast. With Lake Michigan at our fingertips, Chicago boasts lots of beaches up and down her shores. One of the more popular and active beaches is North Avenue. Spend a weekend there and take in what it has to offer.
Chicago in the summer is all about being outdoors, near the lake and taking advantage of the fleeting warm weather. Castaways Bar and Grill is an iconic summer staple. The huge ship that sits at North Avenue beach is like a beacon to beach goers everywhere. Aside from its prime location for soaking up sun and refueling after a long day at the beach, here are a few things to know.
BBQ, fireworks, white pants and a new bottle of sunscreen. All signs Memorial Day weekend and summer have arrived. Here’s a list of 5 free things to do this weekend in celebration of Memorial Day. That’s right, free. You have no excuse to not come out of winter/NATO hibernation.
Divers pulled a 15-year-old girl’s body from Lake Michigan Friday morning, about 16 hours after she vanished off the coast of Rogers Park.
A body has found on the beach along the Indiana Dunes National Lakeshore, and police are investigating to find out who it is.
Chicago’s gorgeous lakefront includes 15 public beaches along 26 miles of shoreline. However, between the south side beaches lies a true treasure, know by locals as “The Point.” Promontory Point is a popular wedding site, boasts one of the best views of the Chicago skyline, has great bike trails, and is the only place on the lakefront that fire pits are permitted.
Authorities on Thursday returned Lake Michigan off Gary, Ind., as they search for the body of a 20 year-old-New Lenox man who was overwhelmed in the waves while swimming a day earlier.
Summer is the best time to visit Edgewater and experience what living by the lake really means. Check out this go-to family fun guide.
- Three Teens Arrested After Large Fight On Lakefront On South SideThree teens were arrested on Sunday, after police broke up a large fight along the lakefront in the Jackson Park neighborhood.315
- Charred Body Found In Dumpster After Fire ExtinguishedAbout 11:05 p.m. firefighters were called to the 3100 block of North Kimball Avenue in the Avondale neighborhood after receiving a report of a dumpster blaze in a nearby alley.156
- 5 Dead, 18 Wounded In Weekend ViolenceFive people have been killed and at least 18 others wounded — including a 12-year-old boy left in critical condition — in shootings across the city since Friday night.7027
- Woman Disputes Story Of Chicago Cop Who Shot Her DogTensions are boiling over in the Norwood Park neighborhood on Chicago's Northwest Side where an off-duty Chicago police officer shot and killed a dog, reports WBBM's Nancy Harty.189
- 3 Critically Hurt In Kennedy CrashThree people were critically injured in a crash on the Kennedy Expressway on the Northwest Side Sunday morning.271
- Woman Found Dead At O’HareA woman was found dead near a bus stop at O’Hare International Airport Saturday, authorities said.308
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!
- Rivers Casino’s Baseball Fever Giveaway May 1, 2013Get Baseball Fever at Rivers Casino Sundays & Tuesdays in May! You could win great prizes and up to $25,000. Plus print out the WILD CARD that can help you win even more!
- Miller Lite ‘Take Me Out To The Ballpark’ Ticket Giveaway April 26, 2013Join The Score this summer at various locations throughout the Chicagoland area for your chance to win one of twenty pairs of tickets to a future White Sox game!