From May 16 – May 26, take advantage of Craft Beer Week in Chicago. For eleven days you can enjoy craft beer events, tastings and special menus across the city at participating restaurants, bars and breweries.
Celebrate National Cherry Month with a variety of cherry dishes and drinks in Chicago.
You don’t have to have German roots to enjoy the “oom pah” of brass bands and the headiness of Oktoberfest beers. Just bring an appetite for German dishes and be willing to try a polka or sing with the crowd.
Nightlife in Chicago doesn’t always have to consist of overpriced drinks and unbearable crowds. Check out some local bars in Chicago that cater to College students from the featured games to the drink specials.
The signature Chicago craft brews from Goose Island beer are set to go nationwide.
The best pool halls in Chicago have a relaxed and casual atmosphere that lets you shoot some pool solo or with a group of friends. Check out these five affordable spots that you can play pool for fun or competition.
Brewing beer at home is perfectly legal, but state officials are issuing a reminder that offering homebrew at a public event is not.
Have you been rocking out into a hairbrush in front of the bathroom mirror for as long as you can remember? Working hard on your stage presence in private? Take your passions out in to the open and perform with a live band.
Starbucks has selected the first Chicago-area store to offer an expanded menu that includes beer and wine. CBS 2′s Marissa Bailey was at the grand opening.
Get ready to party during Pride Weekend in Chicago. Who says you need to turn in early during Pride Weekend? Check out these nightclubs and bars to keep partying into the early hours.
Looking for great food and drinks to enjoy alongside the company of like-minded, free-thinkers such as yourself? Then look no further than this list of awesome haunts to enjoy just that.
There’s really no good way to set up a Tracy McGrady Chinese beer commercial.
Trying to pick the ideal place to watch the NBA finals in Chicago just got a little easier, because all these bars offer a friendly atmosphere, an abundance of televisions to watch the game on, and a wide selection of beer.
Tipplers, sots, souses, and dipsomaniacs of the city: your time has come. Chicago Craft Beer Week is here, let’s enjoy it to the max!
Looking to get your rumba, salsa, or tango on? Chicago is no stranger to great live Latin music. Be sure to check out any of the following Chicago venues; they all offer the chance to enjoy free live music in a casual atmosphere. Brush up on Latin moves, put your dancing shoes on and go check out one of these local hotspots.
Watch UFC fights on big screen televisions while enjoying beer and food at any of these local bars in Chicago.
Old-school establishments are some of my favorite city nightspots. While I’m no stranger to many of the newer bars lining Chicago streets, it’s the atmosphere of the city’s older watering holes that piques my interest. Before you belly up to the local bar, take a peek at what’s on tap at several longstanding Chicago bars.
When a friend asked me if I wanted to play a “real-life” version of Clue, I jumped at the chance. A dinner party that combines the board-game-setting with being a real-life sleuth sounded like a great solution for this grown up gamer.
You can smell the smoker used at Barn & Company, a BBQ bar, a block away. The atmosphere is overwhelmingly fun! The layout is as big as a barn, the lighting is warehouse-bright, and the wood walls are adorned with pigs…
- The List: Chicago Schools To Be ClosedThe Chicago School Board voted to close 49 underutilized or underperforming elementary schools on Wednesday as part of a plan to close a $1 billion budget deficit.492
- Board Votes To Close 49 Chicago Elementary SchoolsThe Chicago Board of Education on Wednesday voted to close 49 elementary schools, in what is believed to be the biggest single mass shutdown of schools in U.S. history.4834
- Lockdown Lifted At Morton West High SchoolMorton West High School has been placed on lock down for precautionary reasons after an unknown individual entered the building.558
- Former Glenbard East Student Accused Of Planning Columbine-Type AttackA 19-year-old former student at Glenbard East High School in Lombard was in custody on Wednesday, accused of planning a "Columbine-style" attack on the school, with a list of people he wanted to target.561
- Woman Robs North Side BankA woman robbed a Lakeview bank Tuesday afternoon on the city’s North Side.262
- Four Schools To Be Spared From Closing; Another To Be DelayedHours before a final vote by the Chicago Board of Education, Chicago Public Schools officials have agreed to back off of plans to close four of the 53 elementary schools targeted for closing at the end of the school year, Board Vice President Jesse Ruiz confirmed Wednesday morning.415
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!