If you can get past the TVs and packed sports nights, Hop Haus makes a mean burger. In fact, they make many mean burgers with their cadre of meats and toppings. BUT, how do these burgers measure up to all the other burger bars in the city? Let’s find out…
Regardless of the company Paradise Pup attracts (Guy Fieri seems to like them), it’s one of the best fast food joints in… existence. But are their burgers some of the best in the Chicago(land) area? I think I know just the gluttonous martyr to find out.
The first thing the bartender asked me after I walked into Owen & Engine was if I wanted the Tuesday burger special: a burger, beer and shot of bourbon. It’s as if he looked into my soul and instantly knew I was both a glutton and an alcoholic at the same time…
Last time I went to Kuma’s, I was in immense jaw pain. To even open my mouth sent torturous fissures throughout my body. Eating a gigantic bar burger seems insane when you’re under this kind of pain. But that’s exactly what I did.Kuma’s is that good. But are they the best?
Nestled between Ukrainian Village and Humboldt Park, Lockdown Bar & Grill is a solid burger bar with some solid specials and some solid(ly loud) metal music. Solid or not, they’ve got a lot of tough competition in a city like Chicago that’s filled with bars serving great burgers. Below, you’ll find out how they compare. But! Before I judge them with my piercing, unprofessional, slightly creepy gaze, I should lay out what I’m looking for…
Do you have a favorite burger in Chicago? Well then let us know! We want to eat your burger. Then we want to judge it harshly.
That’s right, the best non-beef burgers. Don’t get aheada yourself though! These suckers still got meat in ‘em.
Best burgers in Chicago. Wait–what? You don’t see your favorite on the list? Guess it ain’t the best…
Just because the word “burger” is typically associated with meat, doesn’t mean there aren’t amazing meat-less options out there. Not a vegetarian? Go ahead and give it a try. Your cholesterol will thank you!
A burger is on virtually every menu in the city, but it can be hard to find one that is made just right for you. Ever thought of putting porkbelly on your burger? How about cucumbers or pineapple? Look no further because here are my favorites that helped me master the art of a perfect burger.
Burger joints are a dime a dozen here in Chicago. When you need a greasy, salty, cured meat fix–you know you’re craving a bacon burger.
Chicago may be best known for its Italian beef and hot dogs, but the city is also home to some mean burgers. Here are some prime examples: Kuma’s Corner 2900 W. Belmont Ave., Chicago (773) […]
- Weekend Death Toll Rises To 8 After Two Men Die Of Gunshot InjuriesTwo men critically wounded in weekend shootings died Monday, raising the death toll for 2013’s most violent weekend to eight. At least 39 other people were wounded in shootings across the city, authorities said.163
- Mystery Substance Prompts Closure Of Indiana BeachSwimmers have been ordered out of Lake Michigan at Porter Beach because of a substance in the water. WBBM's Nancy Harty has more.216
- Man Dies After His Head Is Impaled On Fence During FightA man was murdered Sunday night by someone who struck him in the head, causing him to become impaled on a wrought iron fence in the South Side Burnside neighborhood.319
- Indiana Woman Who Received Death Sentence At 16 Released From PrisonThe first taste of freedom in 27 years, that's what a 43-year-old woman from Gary, Indiana is enjoying tonight, after going to prison for murder. Roseanne Tellez reports, she has an unlikely supporter as she starts her new life: her victim's grandson.263
- Chief Keef Pleads Guilty To Speeding, Faces Second Paternity SuitChicago rapper Chief Keef was served Monday in a second paternity lawsuit as he appeared in a Cook County courtroom to plead guilty to a speeding violation, the Sun-Times is reporting.257
- Four Contract E Coli After Eating At Lombard RestaurantFour people contracted E. coli after eating at a west suburban restaurant, which has since been closed, DuPage County health officials said.322
- Win $1,000 In Gas From Hyundai! June 17, 2013Enter to win $1,000 in free gas from Hyundai! What’s better than free gas? How about the 2013 Sonata Hybrid Limited with an EPA-Estimated 38 MPG Highway! 28 City/38 Hwy. EPA Estimates. For comparison only. Actual mileage may vary.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!