The Fighting Illini got revenge for an earlier defeat at the hands of the Hoosiers and improved their chances for an NCAA tournament bid on Saturday by dominating Indiana 72-48 in Champaign.
When the Fighting Illini seniors look back on their four years of college basketball, some of their fondest memories will be of their hoarse-throated coach Bruce Weber and his temper.
Frustrated Illini basketball fans don’t want to hear it. Frantic Bruce Weber critics don’t want to hear it. And, heck, to be honest, I don’t really want to hear it, either.
Illinois started strong when facing Michigan Wednesday night. When it came to the second half, coach Bruce Weber was getting nervous. Michigan had a strong push and the Illini only barely won.
Illinois led the Wisconsin Badgers early and stayed ahead, snapping Wisconsin’s seven game win streak.
Illinois made the first half look easy against Northern Colorado, leading to their seventh straight win this season. Northern Colorado made a strong push during the second half, but Illini held on to an 86-76 victory.
Illinois coach Bruce Weber’s seniors answered his call Wednesday night when No. 13 Illinois beat Toledo 84-45 in the second round of the 2K Sports Classic.
Illinois is returning all five starters from last year’s team. Tonight, they start their season with UC Irivine as part of the 2K Sports Classic and with high hopes for championship run.
- The List: Chicago Schools To Be ClosedThe Chicago School Board voted to close 49 underutilized or underperforming elementary schools on Wednesday as part of a plan to close a $1 billion budget deficit.492
- Board Votes To Close 49 Chicago Elementary SchoolsThe Chicago Board of Education on Wednesday voted to close 49 elementary schools, in what is believed to be the biggest single mass shutdown of schools in U.S. history.4834
- Lockdown Lifted At Morton West High SchoolMorton West High School has been placed on lock down for precautionary reasons after an unknown individual entered the building.558
- Former Glenbard East Student Accused Of Planning Columbine-Type AttackA 19-year-old former student at Glenbard East High School in Lombard was in custody on Wednesday, accused of planning a "Columbine-style" attack on the school, with a list of people he wanted to target.561
- Woman Robs North Side BankA woman robbed a Lakeview bank Tuesday afternoon on the city’s North Side.262
- Four Schools To Be Spared From Closing; Another To Be DelayedHours before a final vote by the Chicago Board of Education, Chicago Public Schools officials have agreed to back off of plans to close four of the 53 elementary schools targeted for closing at the end of the school year, Board Vice President Jesse Ruiz confirmed Wednesday morning.415
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!