Republican U.S. Rep. Aaron Schock has decided to forgo a run for Illinois governor and instead seek re-election to Congress, the three-term congressman’s campaign manager said Thursday.
Former White House chief of staff Bill Daley says he’ll decide in the next two months if he will run for Illinois governor.
As discussions swirl about who will run for governor next year, one big question is: should Illinois Attorney General Lisa Madigan choose to challenge Gov. Pat Quinn, will her father, House Speaker Mike Madigan, step down to avoid a possible conflict of interest?
The focus returned to hot button issues like gun control, for which U.S. Sen. Dick Durbin (D-IL) and Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel have been pushing hard. Some Democrats in Congress have been hoping for compromise on at least part of their agenda.
Bill Daley, who’s considering a run for governor, talked politics Tuesday at a donor breakfast at Misericordia House on Chicago’s North Side.
Former White House chief of staff Bill Daley says he’s “seriously” thinking about running for Illinois governor.
Mayor Rahm Emanuel has received mixed reviews from two high-profile Chicago politicians for recent TV ads featuring the mayor commenting on the new contract for Chicago Public Schools teachers.
A stage full of politicians, teachers, public officials and nonprofit leaders says the big battle lies ahead, even though the Chicago teachers’ strike has been settled.
During the past three days, coverage of the Chicago teachers’ strike and the teachers’ various rallies have made headlines across the nation, and even Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney has weighed in, but could the strike actually affect the race for president? CBS 2’s Jim Williams tried to find out.
So the big “B” boys in the White House, Bill Daley and President Barack Obama, are getting divorced, because – they say – Daley wants to be in Chicago with his family. Or, could it be that Daley wants to be in Chicago to get set to run for governor?
Mayor Emanuel, who was White House Chief of Staff before Bill Daley, says Daley can leave the White House with his head held high for a job well done.
Chicagoan Bill Daley is stepping down as President Barack Obama’s chief of staff at the end of the month, after about a year as the president’s top aide.
Retired Mayor Richard M. Daley’s brother, William Daley, has told President Barack Obama he will stay on as White House Chief of Staff through the 2012 re-election campaign.
Among the senior White House staff who watched the death of Osama Bin Laden do down in real time, was Chicagoan and White House Chief of Staff Bill Daley.
President Barack Obama is considering naming former Commerce Secretary William Daley to a top White House job, possibly chief of staff, a person familiar with the matter said.
- Teen Hurt In Little Village ShootingA 14-year-old boy was shot in the arm Saturday afternoon in the Southwest Side Little Village neighborhood.86
- Man Charged With Videotaping Women In Hospital WashroomA poorly secured cell phone in a west suburban hospital washroom that a man had allegedly set up to secretly videotape women in the toilet area was discovered by a woman when the phone fell to the washroom floor on Friday. She alerted police, who then arrested and charged a 49-year-old Franklin Park man with unlawful videotaping.156
- Young Man Shot Outside Old Orchard Shopping CenterA young man was wounded in a shooting in north suburban Skokie Friday night, outside the Old Orchard Shopping Center.227
- 3 Dead, 8 Shot In Citywide ViolenceThree men were killed and at least eight other people were wounded in violence around the city since Friday night.167
- Orange Line Service Resumes After Train-Pedestrian IncidentCTA commuters were temporarily stymied on the Orange Line during the Friday rush hour after a train fatally struck a man on the tracks.401
- Illinois Senate Passes Medical Marijuana LegislationIllinois Gov. Pat Quinn must decide if he will sign a measure allowing the use of marijuana for medical purposes after the state Senate approved legislation on Friday.1238
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- OREO Text-In Giveaway May 6, 2013The OREO King Size single serve packs are ideal for on the go snacking and sharing. To celebrate OREO King Size packs, text the keyword “OREO” to 67011 to enter for your chance to win a $250 Visa gift card!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!
- Rivers Casino’s Baseball Fever Giveaway May 1, 2013Get Baseball Fever at Rivers Casino Sundays & Tuesdays in May! You could win great prizes and up to $25,000. Plus print out the WILD CARD that can help you win even more!