Paulie Malignaggi is currently the WBA Welterweight Champion of the World. Paulie is fighting Adrien Broner June 22nd at the Barclay’s Center in Brooklyn. He is also a boxing analyst for Showtime and will be calling the fight between Lamont Peterson and Lucas Matthysse. The fight is this Saturday in Atlantic City, New Jersey, and will be broadcasted live on Showtime.
Freddie Roach is a five time trainer of the year and the longtime trainer to boxing superstar Manny Pacquiao. He joined me to talk about Manny Pacquiao’s next fight against Brandon Rios, which will be held on November 24th in Macau China.
Stephen Espinoza, the Executive Vice President for Showtime Sports, joined me to talk about Mayweather vs. Guerrero. Listen to Stephen as he gives his assessment of the fight and explains how well it did on Pay-Per-View.
Robert “The Ghost” Guerrero is fighting Floyd Mayweather Jr. this Saturday, May 4th on Showtime Pay-Per-View. In the buildup to the fight Ruben Guerrero, Robert’s father, almost caused a riot yesterday at the Mayweather/Guerrero press conference when he called Floyd Mayweather a wife beater.
Al Bernstein is a Hall of Fame Boxing Broadcaster and is the lead analyst for Showtime Championship Boxing. He will be calling the fight between Floyd Mayweather Jr. and Robert Guerrero this Saturday, May 4th on Showtime PPV. Listen to Al preview the Mayweather fight and hear him talk about his new book: “Al Bernstein: 30 Years, 30 Undeniable Truths About Boxing, Sports, and TV”
Ricky Hatton is the former WBA (Super), IBF, IBO and The Ring Light Welterweight Champion, and WBA Welterweight Champion of the World. He is now the promoter for Martin Murray, a British Professional boxer who will face Sergio Martinez this Saturday, April 27th, live on HBO.
Andre Ward is the WBA and The Ring Super Middleweight Champion of the World. He was recently stripped of his WBC Super Middleweight Title due to inactivity. He has not fought since his defeat over Chad Dawson in September of 2012. After the Dawson fight he had shoulder surgery and has not fought since.
Mike Joyce, the head trainer to Lamar Fenner, joined me to talk about Lamar’s fight against Tamerlan Tsarnaev. Tsarnaev was one of the Boston bombing suspect’s who was killed overnight.
A Chicago attorney coached a boxer who faced one of the two suspects in the Boston Marathon bombings four years ago.
WBA Welterweight Champion and Boxing analyst for Showtime Sports, Pauli Malignaggi, joined me to talk about his upcoming fight against Adrien Broner. The fight will take place June 22nd at the Barclays Center in New York.
Unofficial ringside judge for HBO Boxing, Harold Lederman joined me to preview this Saturday’s fight between Nonito Donaire and Guillermo Rigondeaux. The fight will be held at Radio City Music Hall in New York City and can be seen live on HBO.
Bob Arum, CEO of Top Rank Boxing, joined me to preview the fight this weekend between Nonito Donaire and Guillermo Rigondeaux. The fight will take place this Saturday March 13th at Radio City Music Hall in New York City and will be broadcasted live on HBO.
Steve Kim, the lead analyst for maxboxing.com, joined me to preview the fight between Nonito Donaire and Guillermo Rigondeaux.
At a time when brain trauma and chronic traumatic encephalopathy is at the forefront of NFL discussions, new Bears safety Tom Zbikowski may one day find himself in the center of that discussion.
Mike Alvarado and Brandon Rios had barely got done hitting each other when the talk of a third fight between the two eager warriors began.
Bobby Hitz, the CEO of Hitz Boxing, joined Craig Miller to talk about his plan for Gov. Pat Quinn to replace Nancy Illg as the head of the Illinois Athletic Commission.
Craig Miller is joined by Steve Kim, the lead columnist from maxboxing.com.
In the main event of last weekend’s Friday Night Fights at the UIC Pavilion in Chicago, middleweight Donovan George (24-3-2, 21 KO’s) fought to a controversial 10 round draw against David Lopez (41-14-1, 23 KO’s).
Dominic Pesoli, the CEO of 8 Count Productions, talks about the show he is putting on at the UIC Pavilion this Friday night.
Donovan George is a professional boxer from Chicago with a record of 24-3-1.
- Two Charged With River North BurglariesTwo people have been charged with burglary in connection with a spate of robberies this month in the River North neighborhood.98
- Portage Theater Closed For NowThe 93-year-old landmark theater at 4050 N. Milwaukee Ave. was shut down on Friday after Ald. John Arena (45th) blocked Carranza’s application for a liquor license, according to Carranza.90
- Man Shot And Killed Inside Hyde Park HomeA murder in Hyde Park, just blocks away from President Barack Obama's home.213
- Noise From Music Fest At Chicagoland Speedway Has Neighbors Up In ArmsMost of the complaints seem to be coming from the east of the Chicagoland Speedway in new Lenox, Frankfort and Mokena as grandstands protect the other three sides.127
- Roseland Hospital Cuts Staff, Salaries To Keep Doors OpenAs it waits to hear if it’ll receive a $7 million bailout to stay open, Roseland Community Hospital laid off almost 70 employees, and other hospital employees will take a pay cut.89
- Rev. Jackson: School Closings UndemocraticOpponents of Chicago school closures are vowing to fight on, but they appear to have little chance of reversing the mayor's agenda... unless a federal judge steps in, reports WBBM's Mike Krauser.90
- Benjamin Moore Which Team Colors Matter Most? May 24, 2013Which Team Colors matter most to you? Either way, you could be a winner! Just sign up now for a chance to win $500 Depot Dollars to the Chicago Sports Depot to pick up some gear with your favorite team colors as they battle it out this week!
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!