After nine seasons as the Bears special teams coordinator, Dave Toub knew it was time to move on from the post he’d held for almost a decade.
What once looked so promising, a 7-1 record and a high-flying defense, has now turned bleak.
Brian Urlacher’s hamstring injury, suffered in the Bears’ overtime loss to the Seahawks on Sunday, could keep the aging middle linebacker from playing this Sunday against the Vikings.
As Cutler attempts to come back from a concussion suffered in Sunday’s loss to the Texans, one Bears expert said the team needs to prepare as if back-up quarterback Jason Campbell will be the starter.
The Bears may have run over teams like the Jaguars and the Titans with ease, but facing the 7-1 Texans will be a different story.
Though Lovie Smith still has another full season left on his contract, as is such with the NFL, talk of a possible extension for the head coach is already going on.
Matt Forte’s value to the Bears extends far beyond the running game.
Even more so than the public beating the Bears took at Lambeau Field on Thursday night, media and fans alike have been discussing the actions of quarterback Jay Cutler.
After the team’s 41-21 victory over the Colts, it’s clear the offensive lived up to the hype.
Expectations for the Bears offense have never been higher.
In the Bears preseason win over the Redskins on Saturday, the team was seemingly running on all cylinders. That is, of course, with the exception of the safeties.
When news broke Tuesday that Brian Urlacher underwent arthroscopic surgery on his knee, Bears fans across Chicago covered their eyes and hoped for the best.
Now that you’ve gotten your first look at the 2012 Bears, it’s time to review their first preseason game against the Broncos.
When the Bears kick off their first preseason game against the Broncos tonight, eyes will be focused on first-round draft pick Shea McClellin.
While any injury merits concern, one Bears expert said there’s reason to be positive about Urlacher’s injury.
Hours before the deadline, Forte and the Bears reached an agreement on a four-year deal worth a reported $31.5 million. Here is the breakdown of the deal
Now, the pressure rests on head coach Lovie Smith to win with what the GM has gotten him.
With an improved offense and Pro Bowl-caliber defense, one Bears expert said the 2012 Bears would stack up well against the 2006 Bears.
When the clock strikes midnight tonight, Brian Urlacher will turn 34 years old.
In 2012, the Bears will look to pick up where they left off before the Cutler injury that derailed their season. One Bears expert thinks that new GM Phil Emery is drafting to win it all now – not to simply stock young players for future success.
- State Discontinues Healthcare Funding For Disabled Stroke VictimUnconscionable. That's what a doctor calls a state decision to cut care funding for a patient.311
- Teen Says He Got E. Coli From Burrito At Lombard RestaurantA local teen says he got sick because of a burrito he ate from a local restaurant that's now the focus of an e coli outbreak.158
- Natura Pet Issues New Dog And Cat Food RecallNebraska-based Natura Pet Products has announced a new voluntary recall of multiple brands of dry pet food and treats. The decision comes after a positive test for Salmonella on April 3.7491
- Bakery Blunder Makes ‘Cat Cake’ A Viral SensationOf all the cat memes on the Internet, this one takes the cake.900
- Search Dog Tracks Missing Student To LakefrontVolunteers, friends and family were out in force Tuesday morning, resuming the search for a missing University of Chicago student.586
- Initial Tests ID Glittery Substance Along BeachIndiana environmental officials were investigating whether a Porter County manufacturer was responsible for a slick of glittery material that kept many swimmers out of Porter Beach on Monday.1095
- Win $1,000 In Gas From Hyundai! June 17, 2013Enter to win $1,000 in free gas from Hyundai! What’s better than free gas? How about the 2013 Elantra Limited with an EPA-Estimated 38 MPG Highway! 28 City/38 Hwy. EPA Estimates. For comparison only. Actual mileage may vary.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!