Paula Cooper, 15, was sentenced to death for the 1985 murder of a Gary, Ind. woman. She’s about to be released, with the blessing of the victim’s grandson. CBS 2′s Brad Edwards reports.
Thomas Chmura is accused of attempting to abduct an Antioch girl. His bond was revoked when he reportedly was caught in the presence of children at his Benet Lake, Wisc. complex. CBS 2′s Brad Edwards reports.
CBS 2’s Brad Edwards reports on the collaborative process between victims and police artists that helps nab offenders.
A perceived snub by a North Side school prompted Mayor Emanuel to go to Brooks College Prep Monday on the South Side. CBS 2′s Brad Edwards reports.
Higher pump prices are partly because of havoc caused by weather-related power outages. Three refineries went down, and two pipelines temporarily were halted.
Deputy Chief of Police Brian Budds says the goal appears to be “to lure these youths into the car and cause them harm.”
Go big or go home, the saying goes. Some scrap-metal thieves are taking that expression to heart, police say. CBS 2′s Brad Edwards reports.
A proposed ramp connecting the Eisenhower and the Kennedy would come within 7 feet of a West Loop condo building. CBS 2′s Brad Edwards reports.
The Chicago police officer’s union is returning fire at “Hitman: Absolution,” which makes killing cops look like sport. CBS 2′s Brad Edwards reports.
An elderly landlord couple charged $500 for rat abatement on city property will not have to pay.
CBS 2′s Brad Edwards reports on a perplexing situation for a pair of elderly property owners.
Rony Monzon has scars near his heart. He was seriously wounded in July when he protected his friend from what he said was gunfire meant for a gangbanger.
In Cicero, a community of 30,000, current President Larry Dominick is in a bitter fight against contender Juan Ochoa.
Last May, James Kluppelberg stood under the sun for the first time a free man in more than two decades. Ten months later, he’s unemployed with little hope. CBS 2′s Brad Edwards reports.
BP initially paid Brian Cebra $9,400 for an initial round of bad-gas repairs. But then six weeks later when his wife was driving the truck died. CBS 2′s Brad Edwards reports.
Move over, Manti Te’o. Two women tell CBS 2′s Brad Edwards how they were duped online by “men” they never met in person.
Local residents were being warned to keep their pets on a tight leash, as coyotes are out in bigger numbers, and acting more aggressively, likely due to their mating season.
Khiyona Winfert lost her 15-year-old son, De-shon, last year. He was her only child.
Investigators determined the blaze had started in the kitchen, where a burner on the stove had been switched on. When the owner arrived, he had an explanation.
The pigeon war in Uptown continued raging on Friday, with some of the combatants refusing to give up.
- Board Votes To Close 49 Chicago Elementary SchoolsThe Chicago Board of Education on Wednesday voted to close 49 elementary schools, in what is believed to be the biggest single mass shutdown of schools in U.S. history.4834
- Lockdown Lifted At Morton West High SchoolMorton West High School has been placed on lock down for precautionary reasons after an unknown individual entered the building.558
- Former Glenbard East Student Accused Of Planning Columbine-Type AttackA 19-year-old former student at Glenbard East High School in Lombard was in custody on Wednesday, accused of planning a "Columbine-style" attack on the school, with a list of people he wanted to target.561
- Woman Robs North Side BankA woman robbed a Lakeview bank Tuesday afternoon on the city’s North Side.262
- Four Schools To Be Spared From Closing; Another To Be DelayedHours before a final vote by the Chicago Board of Education, Chicago Public Schools officials have agreed to back off of plans to close four of the 53 elementary schools targeted for closing at the end of the school year, Board Vice President Jesse Ruiz confirmed Wednesday morning.415
- Boy, 17, Fatally Shot In Back Of The YardsA teenage boy was fatally shot in the South Side Back of the Yards neighborhood Tuesday evening, police said.147
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!