“Matilda: The Musical” is a witty musical adaptation of the novel by Roald Dahl and is true to his bleak vision of childhood as a savage battleground.
What does it take to make a great Broadway musical? A talented score, a clever book, great singing and dancing, impressive costumes and an engaging set. Do all great musicals hit all of these points equally well? Of course not. But “Kinky Boots” does.
The nominations were announced Tuesday in a televised event co-hosted by Tony winner Sutton Foster and “Modern Family” star Jesse Tyler Ferguson. The awards will be broadcast on CBS from Radio City Music Hall on June 9.
The woman approached a teller at a bank in the 5300 block of North Broadway, said she had a gun and demanded money.
Producers of the show were forced to find a new home for the 2011 event after Cirque du Soleil moved into the 6,000-seat Rockefeller Center arena with its $50 million acrobatic rock opera “Zarkana.” The Tonys had been hosted at Radio City from 1997-2010.
A 26-year-old man has been charged with drunk driving, running a red light, driving without a license or insurance and other traffic violations, after he struck and critically injured an 87-year-old man who was crossing a street in the Uptown neighborhood on Friday morning.
Broadway is undergoing a continuing transformation with an assortment of new businesses in the East Lakeview neighborhood, but meanwhile, an old, familiar establishment now is set to close after almost 70 years in operation.
A man is dead after being shot on busy Broadway in the Edgewater neighborhood.
The westbound Borman Expressway in Northwest Indiana was down to one lane Wednesday morning, after four semi-trailer trucks were involved in a crash.
A woman who was found shot and stabbed to death in her Uptown neighborhood apartment was well known as the operator of a hair salon nearby, according to published reports.
At least 17 people have been wounded – two fatally – in shootings around the city since Friday night.
A 45-year-old woman was found shot to death in an apartment in the Uptown neighborhood Sunday morning.
An East Lakeview neighborhood couple is raising a stink about their neighbor because of her 20 cats.
While an assortment of new businesses are bringing a renaissance to Broadway in the East Lakeview neighborhood, neighbors will soon say goodbye to one popular local establishment after more than 20 years in operation.
Six people were injured in a crash in the North Side Uptown neighborhood early Sunday.
The vacant building that housed Goldblatt’s, and later Borders, in the Uptown neighborhood has been purchased by an investor who plans to bring in new businesses, according to a published report.
As you’ve no doubt heard by now, big changes are in store for the Gay Pride Parade this Sunday – and organizers are urging spectators to camp out on the new Uptown leg of the route.
A Rogers Park man stands charged with shooting and killing a 13-year-old boy in a pizzeria at Foster Avenue and Broadway in the Uptown neighborhood.
A 13-year-old boy from West Rogers Park is dead after being shot early Tuesday in the Uptown neighborhood, near Foster Avenue and Broadway.
A 5-foot 2-inch, 110-pound Uptown neighborhood woman is charged with shoving Ald. James Cappleman (46th) after he cleared away the breadcrumbs she had spread for pigeons.
- Woman Disputes Story Of Chicago Cop Who Shot Her DogTensions are boiling over in the Norwood Park neighborhood on Chicago's Northwest Side where an off-duty Chicago police officer shot and killed a dog, reports WBBM's Nancy Harty.189
- 3 Critically Hurt In Kennedy CrashThree people were critically injured in a crash on the Kennedy Expressway on the Northwest Side Sunday morning.271
- Woman Found Dead At O’HareA woman was found dead near a bus stop at O’Hare International Airport Saturday, authorities said.308
- Toddler Reunited With ParentsPolice on Sunday were looking for the parents or guardians of a little boy who was found in the West Side Douglas Park neighborhood.233
- A Dozen Illinoisans Come Within One Number Of $600M Powerball JackpotOne number in Saturday night’s Powerball drawing was the difference for a dozen Illinois players between being $10,000 richer and living the life of a multi-millionaire.404
- 12 Arrested After Youth ‘Flash Mobs’ Erupt On Michigan AvenueOne adult and 11 juveniles were arrested Saturday night after police responded to groups of teens running through traffic around North Michigan Avenue on the Gold Coast.410
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!
- Rivers Casino’s Baseball Fever Giveaway May 1, 2013Get Baseball Fever at Rivers Casino Sundays & Tuesdays in May! You could win great prizes and up to $25,000. Plus print out the WILD CARD that can help you win even more!
- Miller Lite ‘Take Me Out To The Ballpark’ Ticket Giveaway April 26, 2013Join The Score this summer at various locations throughout the Chicagoland area for your chance to win one of twenty pairs of tickets to a future White Sox game!