White Sox pitcher Chris Sale is being sent to the bullpen because of a sore elbow, the Chicago Tribune reports.
A clever Cubs fan has taken a new approach to help his favorite team out.
It’s safe to say this hasn’t been the start to the season Cubs fans were hoping to see from veteran reliever Kerry Wood.
Jake Peavy’s second DL-stint of the season sparked conversation about the former Cy Young winner moving to the bullpen to take strain off of his arm.
Injuries and poor performances int he starting rotation has added to the work load of the Chicago Cubs’ bullpen. It’s a problem that the organization didn’t foresee coming into the season.
The return of Jake Peavy, as well as the solid pitching of Phil Humber has presented the Chicago White Sox with a tough decision regarding their starting rotation.
It’s has been a tough season so far for the White Sox and their fans. Both thought the team would have a good chance to win the division and make a deep run into the playoffs, but through 32 games Chicago is stuck in last place.
The Chicago White Sox are off to a respectable 7-5 record, but if it weren’t for a shaky bullpen things could be looking much better on the South Side of Chicago.
The bullpen isn’t just blowing saves. It’s blowing a golden chance to fill seats.
Every half inning of a baseball game ends when three outs are registered, not more and not less.
Ozzie Guillen finally lost his cool after Wednesday’s 7-4 loss to the Athletics. Frankly, it’s about time and he had about six good reasons to do so.
The White Sox have announced they will bring in designated outfielder Lastings Milledge, and are buying the minor-league contract of pitcher Jeff Gray.
Despite what the early results have been, the fact remains that the White Sox bullpen is an embarrassment of riches.
The Chicago White Sox’s offensive power was on full display during their Opening Day victory over the Cleveland Indians.
One of the biggest stories for the Chicago White Sox during spring training has been the battle for the closer role. The perception is that it will come down to with Chris Sale or Matt Thornton.
For most of his professional baseball career Jeff Samardzija hasn’t exactly what his role would be. But this year was different, he entered spring training knowing he’d be in the bullpen, and for that he’s grateful.
Over the offseason it wasn’t clear if Chris Sale’s role for the 2011 season would be as a starter or coming out of the bullpen.
Jake Peavy updated his health status on Wednesday. The 2007 Cy Young Award winner is coming of a 2010 in which he underwent season-ending surgery to repair a detached lat muscle in the shoulder.
- Divers Pull Body From Lake Michigan On South SideA young man's body has been pulled from Lake Michigan, not far from where a missing University of Chicago student is believed to have been when he vanished during last week's thunderstorms.405
- Lewis Points Finger At ‘Rich White People’ For School ProblemsA day before the first set of school closings was set to begin, Chicago Teachers Union President Karen Lewis had some harsh words about how the Chicago Public Schools are funded and managed, blaming much of the district’s problems on racism.5015
- Man Shot To Death In South Suburban HomewoodNineteen-year-old Homewood resident Henry Kormoi died from at least one gunshot wound he suffered near home in the 1100 block of 187th Street.112
- State Discontinues Healthcare Funding For Disabled Stroke VictimUnconscionable. That's what a doctor calls a state decision to cut care funding for a patient.311
- Teen Says He Got E. Coli From Burrito At Lombard RestaurantA local teen says he got sick because of a burrito he ate from a local restaurant that's now the focus of an e coli outbreak.158
- Natura Pet Issues New Dog And Cat Food RecallNebraska-based Natura Pet Products has announced a new voluntary recall of multiple brands of dry pet food and treats. The decision comes after a positive test for Salmonella on April 3.7491
- Win $1,000 In Gas From Hyundai! June 17, 2013Enter to win $1,000 in free gas from Hyundai! What’s better than free gas? How about the 2013 Elantra Limited with an EPA-Estimated 38 MPG Highway! 28 City/38 Hwy. EPA Estimates. For comparison only. Actual mileage may vary.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!