It has been a year and a half since a McHenry man found tens of thousands of dollars in cash in his garden; and as he and two other people wind their way through the courts to claim it, one of them is telling more about how he lost thousands of dollars – instead of a bug.
A north suburban police officer was sentenced to probation after pleading guilty to theft for ordering a DUI suspect to pay an unnecessary cash bond.
Two big employers, including one based in the Chicago area, are changing the way they provide health insurance to their workers.
A McHenry County man who found more than $100,000 in his vegetable garden last year only has to wait another month and a half before he can claim it.
The biggest advantage to charging, according to experts, is that credit cards come with lots of perks and protection that cash can’t offer. CBS 2′s Dorothy Tucker reports.
No one has come forward yet for a package of cash found by an 8-year old boy this week in west suburban Riverside.
Cook County officials are looking for nearly 2,000 former property owners who are due money after a foreclosure.
The state of Illinois is preparing to send aid to Japan to help in the recovery from the March earthquake and tsunami.
U.S. Customs agents have seized more than $125,000 in cash from a family that was traveling from O’Hare International Airport to Pakistan.
A 66-year-old Oak Park woman has been charged with theft after allegedly stealing $500 in cash that a customer had dropped on the floor of a donut shop.
A woman was charged with theft after she admitted to stealing thousands from the store at which she worked.
Police are seeking two assailants who held up a Radio Shack at gunpoint Sunday morning in the Wicker Park neighborhood.
Should you pay cash for your gifts or pay with a card? More shoppers are opting for cash to avoid the bills coming due in January. And, as CBS 2’s Dorothy Tucker reports, the new financial reform law will help make that decision even easier in the future.
A Maywood police officer was charged Wednesday with swiping cash from suspects after he was captured in a federal sting operation earlier this week.
Maybe it’s time to go to the boss about a little extra money in your paycheck. Think a raise sounds ridiculous when others are still looking for work? Not necessarily, as CBS 2′s Mary Kay Kleist reports.
Asking for political support happens all the time. Trying to buy it is something else. Some Chicago area ministers say that’s what happened at a meeting earlier this week with independent gubernatorial candidate Scott Lee Cohen. CBS 2′s Dana Kozlov reports.
- Mother Of Student Pushed Down School Stairs ‘Enraged’ At Security GuardNew video surfaced Friday that appears to show sophomore Lauren Goodlow being pushed by a male security guard. CBS 2's Dorothy Tucker reports.329
- House Passes Concealed Carry Plan Opposed By Senate LeaderGun owners in the only state still banning concealed weapons would win that right under a plan approved by the Illinois House on Friday, but the governor and other powerful Democrats oppose the plan because it would wipe out local gun ordinances -- including Chicago's ban on assault weapons.220
- Two Shot Near Roosevelt CTA StationAround 11:10 a.m., a 57-year-old man and a 30-year-old man were shot in the 1100 block of South State Street.256
- Store Owner Kidnapped In Pilsen, SUV StolenPolice said the 78-year-old man was closing the store in the 1100 block of West 18th Street when a group of men threw a pillowcase over his head, hit him in the face, and forced him into his own SUV.248
- Man Found Shot To Death In Zion Supermarket Parking LotThe man found shot to death in a parking in north suburban Zion on Thursday afternoon has been identified as a Waukegan resident.152
- School Warns Parents Of Kidnapping Attempt On PlaygroundA man tried to abduct a 4th grader from the playground at Alexander Graham Bell Elementary School at 3730 N Oakley Ave on Wednesday.150
- Benjamin Moore Which Team Colors Matter Most? May 24, 2013Which Team Colors matter most to you? Either way, you could be a winner! Just sign up now for a chance to win $500 Depot Dollars to the Chicago Sports Depot to pick up some gear with your favorite team colors as they battle it out this week!
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!