Chicagoans who suffer the chills of “second city syndrome” should feel the warm & fuzzies this June, as we become top dog on the American comedy scene. How so, you may ask? Well for the fourth year in a row, Chicago will host the largest comedy festival in the United States, a multi-venue, multi-talent laugh-fest that spans the city and pulls the country’s hottest comedians in from the comfy coasts to their faithful city of stand-up destiny, Chicago.
The cute little crannie of the Northside is mostly known for its yearly descent into Oktoberfest madness, but break free from those beer tent walls! (Metaphorically. The last guy who really did that got the tent rental company really mad.) Here’s our little journey down the lovely strip of Lincoln that neither hipster scum nor worthless yuppies have been able to sink their claws into. Hurry before they find it!
BBQ, fireworks, white pants and a new bottle of sunscreen. All signs Memorial Day weekend and summer have arrived. Here’s a list of 5 free things to do this weekend in celebration of Memorial Day. That’s right, free. You have no excuse to not come out of winter/NATO hibernation.
Big boy burgers are great and all, but sometimes you just want some little, itty-bitty baby burgers to share with some friends (or greedily stuff your own face with). The best sliders in this great city of ours are at these five establishments! Read! Read! Enjoy the Game of Thrones references throughout!
If the ingredients list contains words no one can pronounce, the most important rule of food club is it doesn’t come through the front door. We don’t just abide by this rule concerning food, though; we typically try to adhere to it with most all products we use, including those found in our medicine cabinet. Here’s a list of products you could likely find in your own backyard (if you grew and harvested them) that are must-haves for kiddos who are intent on enjoying their summers.
With spring just around the corner, I start trading in my stews and pasta bakes for lighter, fresher options. I don’t know if it’s something in the air or my subconscious realization that shorts and swimsuits are on the horizon, but as soon as the sun starts warming up the frozen ground, I start turning toward greener, leafier foods. If you’re like me and looking for a tasty road to springtime, try these two flavorful salad recipes.
Rod Blagojevich’s cross-country journey to federal prison Thursday was one of the most scrutinized trips in recent memory for a public figure. CBS 2 was there.
John Madigan, a longtime fixture at CBS 2 and WBBM Newsradio, has died at the age of 94.
Barry R. Steiner, a Chicago based CPA and former IRS Agent, brings you one new tax tip each week! This week’s subject: maximize retirement account tax savings!
Kris Gutierrez has been hired as the new morning news anchor at CBS 2 Chicago [WBBM-TV].
Journalist Marshall Rosenthal, counted a few years as a writer for CBS 2 in his long and illustrious career, died this week at the age of 71.
Former CBS 2 anchorman Wayne Fariss died last week at the age of 82.
Columbia College journalism professor and former CBS 2 producer Rose Economou has died at the age of 65.
CBS 2′s Rob Johnson and Kate Sullivan want to experience Chicago and its suburbs through the eyes of its viewers. So, we are asking you to tell us about your favorite place, thing or story in the Chicago area. Bring your appetite for this week’s pick, Hero’s Submarine Sandwich Shop!
There are a lot of happy June sports anniversaries in Chicago. The Blackhawks Stanley Cup Championship last year, the six Bulls titles or the NBA drafts when they acquired Michael Jordan, Scottie Pippen and Derrick Rose.
We have a long-awaited winner for our Traffic Tryouts contest at CBS 2.
CBS 2 is launching a contest for residents to become the station’s new morning traffic reporter.
CBS 2 is planning to expand it’s election coverage on Tuesday, and move up it’s prime time lineup by one full hour.
Former CBS 2 news anchor Bob McBride has died, according to published reports.
The Chicago broadcasting community is remembering Bernard Benjamin Klein, a television stagehand who spent his career at CBS 2 as the medium evolved from its infancy.
- Lightning Strikes Damage Two Homes OvernightAt least two homes in the Chicago area were struck by lightning overnight as heavy thunderstorms plowed through the region.94
- Police Seek Help Identifying Female Homicide VictimPolice are asking for help to identify the body of woman or teen girl found strangled and badly burned in a Northwest Side Avondale neighborhood Dumpster Sunday night.137
- Chicago Red Cross Joining Tornado Relief Effort In OklahomaThe American Red Cross of Greater Chicago has begun mobilizing to help with the relief effort in Oklahoma, after a devastating tornado killed dozens of people.209
- Should Indoor Sprinklers Be Mandatory For New Homes?Safety advocates say new construction should include indoor sprinklers to make homes more fireproof. CBS 2's Chris Martinez looks at both sides of the debate.149
- Cop Shoots Trucker In Parking Lot Of Merrillville, Ind. Planned ParenthoodA police-involved shooting occurred in the parking lot of a Planned Parenthood office in Merrillville, Ind. Monday afternoon.254
- 25 Years Ago, Laurie Dann Went On Deadly Rampage On North ShoreIt was 25 years ago today when a tragedy unfolded in Winnetka.246
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!