This is the second in a two-part series, taking a look at the Bears defensive roster by position group.
Hard to believe, but Bears training camp starts next month. We’re just 50 days away from the inaugural Camp Trestman, and 95 days away from the season opener against the Cincinnati Bengals.
Bears Pro Bowl defenders Julius Peppers and Charles Tillman were named the veteran recipients of the 2012 Brian Piccolo Award.
Bears cornerback Charles Tillman is one of five finalists for the NFL Players Association’s Byron “Whizzer” White Award.
Defense wins championships. But these days it’s a certain kind of defense. Check out our NFC all-pro defense to see who excels.
The Bears are in the process of trying to find a head coach because of their inability to build a consistent offense in the Lovie Smith tenure.
While many questions still linger around Halas Hall in the wake of Lovie Smith’s firing earlier this week, one thing is certain: Smith’s players loved playing for him.
After earning his second Pro Bowl honor this week, the Bears have named cornerback Charles Tillman the team’s nominee for the 2012 Walter Payton NFL “Man of the Year” award.
If the Bears lose to the Lions Sunday in Detroit, it could be the end of an era. It could be the last time they play for head coach Lovie Smith.
Charles Tillman, Tim Jennings, Henry Melton, Julius Peppers and Brandon Marshall made the NFC squad.
Chicago’s defense scored two touchdowns and the Bears beat the Arizona Cardinals 28-13.
The perception is that the Bears’ defense is growing old and incompetent before our very eyes.
While Lovie Smith’s team wasn’t eliminated by the Seahawks Sunday, it was beaten and exposed. This one looked bad.
Tillman suffered the injury in the second quarter of Sunday’s 28-10 win over the Minnesota Vikings.
Brandon Marshall continued his big season Sunday by catching 12 passes for 92 yards, putting him over the 1000 yard mark on the season.
The Bears could not have afforded a loss to a divisional opponent, especially not at home, and with Jay Cutler returning to action.
Here’s what Laurence Holmes saw, heard and was told since the Bears lost to the San Francisco 49ers Monday night.
One day after NBC’s Mike Florio told The McNeil and Spiegel Show that NFL player should not leave their team to be with their wives during child birth, the editor of Pro Football Talk has changed his mind on the issue.
There are no guarantees that those who have been the best players in the league through the first half of the season will be there at the end of the season.
The Bears may, in fact, have the services of cornerback Charles Tillman as the team takes on the Texans in a crucial prime-time match up Sunday night.
- Weekend Death Toll Rises To 8 After Two Men Die Of Gunshot InjuriesTwo men critically wounded in weekend shootings died Monday, raising the death toll for 2013’s most violent weekend to eight. At least 39 other people were wounded in shootings across the city, authorities said.163
- Mystery Substance Prompts Closure Of Indiana BeachSwimmers have been ordered out of Lake Michigan at Porter Beach because of a substance in the water. WBBM's Nancy Harty has more.216
- Man Dies After His Head Is Impaled On Fence During FightA man was murdered Sunday night by someone who struck him in the head, causing him to become impaled on a wrought iron fence in the South Side Burnside neighborhood.319
- Indiana Woman Who Received Death Sentence At 16 Released From PrisonThe first taste of freedom in 27 years, that's what a 43-year-old woman from Gary, Indiana is enjoying tonight, after going to prison for murder. Roseanne Tellez reports, she has an unlikely supporter as she starts her new life: her victim's grandson.263
- Chief Keef Pleads Guilty To Speeding, Faces Second Paternity SuitChicago rapper Chief Keef was served Monday in a second paternity lawsuit as he appeared in a Cook County courtroom to plead guilty to a speeding violation, the Sun-Times is reporting.257
- Four Contract E Coli After Eating At Lombard RestaurantFour people contracted E. coli after eating at a west suburban restaurant, which has since been closed, DuPage County health officials said.322
- Win $1,000 In Gas From Hyundai! June 17, 2013Enter to win $1,000 in free gas from Hyundai! What’s better than free gas? How about the 2013 Sonata Hybrid Limited with an EPA-Estimated 38 MPG Highway! 28 City/38 Hwy. EPA Estimates. For comparison only. Actual mileage may vary.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!