If you have any recollection of the Miami Heat against the New York Knicks in a violent best-of-five, then last night’s Bulls game looked awfully familiar.
For any Bulls fan, Game 2 of the Eastern Conference Semifinals was just plain ugly.
Maybe these Bulls will go on a similar, yet shorter, journey. Either way, they will be remembered for their hustle, desire and will to overcome, just the way the 76-77 Bulls did.
For the depleted Bulls, this is nothing new.
Despite coaching the Bulls to a fifth-seed in the playoffs without Derrick Rose, Bulls head coach Tom Thibodeau finished eighth in voting.
And while fans debate whether Derrick Rose should actually be playing, CBS 2′s Jim Williams reports that this Bulls team may go down in history has a fan favorite.
Though he wasn’t able to help his teammates fight off the Heat in Game 1 of the Eastern Conference Semifinals, Luol Deng was there in spirit. .
The NBA has fined Bulls guard Marco Belinelli for making an obscene gesture during the fourth quarter of Saturday’s win over the Nets.
When the Bulls take on the Heat in Game 1 of the Eastern Conference semifinals on Monday night, they’ll be extremely shorthanded.
What we got here with the Bulls is failure to communicate.
Hidden behind the angst and anger surrounding Derrick Rose’s decision not to play thus far in the depleted Bulls’ playoff run was the hope that maybe No. 1 would suit up when the time was right to lead his team.
Derrick Rose says that he is unaware of criticism of his decision to continue to sit on the sidelines, according to a report in the Chicago Tribune.
Luol Deng will miss Game 7 of Chicago’s series against the Brooklyn Nets, but the Bulls still hope Kirk Hinrich can play.
Nevertheless, with the Bulls a M*A*S*H unit – featuring calf pulls, plantar fasciitis, debilitating viruses and even spinal taps – many Chicagoans are indeed seeing a different kind of red as the team hobbles its way into tonight’s decisive Game 7 against the Nets in Brooklyn.
Things keep getting worse for the depleted Bulls.
Nate Robinson didn’t really have a choice on Thursday night – he had to play.
If it’s even true it’s not less impressive because—and I can only speak from what others have told me—food poisoning is one of the worst non-life-threatening non-Nicholas Cage movie things one can experience.
Nate Robinson, who was battling the flu and seen vomiting on the Bulls bench finished with 18 points while playing 42 minutes. After a draining game for him, Robinson sat quietly at his locker before addressing the media:
“You just have got to muster up enough energy,” Robinson said, “no excuses”.
With a 3-2 lead, the Bulls will try again to wrap it up when the series shifts back to the United Center on Thursday.
When NBA center Jason Collins came out of the closet on Monday, the 34-year-old veteran received a flurry of criticism and support.
- Woman Disputes Story Of Chicago Cop Who Shot Her DogTensions are boiling over in the Norwood Park neighborhood on Chicago's Northwest Side where an off-duty Chicago police officer shot and killed a dog, reports WBBM's Nancy Harty.189
- 3 Critically Hurt In Kennedy CrashThree people were critically injured in a crash on the Kennedy Expressway on the Northwest Side Sunday morning.271
- Woman Found Dead At O’HareA woman was found dead near a bus stop at O’Hare International Airport Saturday, authorities said.308
- Toddler Reunited With ParentsPolice on Sunday were looking for the parents or guardians of a little boy who was found in the West Side Douglas Park neighborhood.233
- A Dozen Illinoisans Come Within One Number Of $600M Powerball JackpotOne number in Saturday night’s Powerball drawing was the difference for a dozen Illinois players between being $10,000 richer and living the life of a multi-millionaire.389
- 12 Arrested After Youth ‘Flash Mobs’ Erupt On Michigan AvenueOne adult and 11 juveniles were arrested Saturday night after police responded to groups of teens running through traffic around North Michigan Avenue on the Gold Coast.410
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- OREO Text-In Giveaway May 6, 2013The OREO King Size single serve packs are ideal for on the go snacking and sharing. To celebrate OREO King Size packs, text the keyword “OREO” to 67011 to enter for your chance to win a $250 Visa gift card!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!
- Rivers Casino’s Baseball Fever Giveaway May 1, 2013Get Baseball Fever at Rivers Casino Sundays & Tuesdays in May! You could win great prizes and up to $25,000. Plus print out the WILD CARD that can help you win even more!