Chicago Crime Commission
The Chicago Crime Commission said no criminal since Al Capone has been more deserving of the title “Public Enemy Number One” than Joaquin “El Chapo” Guzman, head of the Sinaloa drug cartel in Mexico, which is responsible for much of the street gang violence in the city.
The Chicago Crime Commission is on the receiving end of a lawsuit claiming the commission has the wrong guy.
A new book spells out how Chicago area street gangs are using social media to plot and carry out their dirty work.
City, suburban and federal law enforcement officers and prosecutors are being recognized tonight for the outstanding work they have done in solving murders and reducing the number of gang members, guns and drugs on the street.
Former Chicago Police Supt. Jody Weis discusses his feelings about being moved out and how he thinks his replacement is doing. CBS 2′s Walter Jacobson reports.
The Chicago Crime Commission on Wednesday said that legislation to allow for a massive expansion of gambling in Illinois is “deeply flawed” and would be bad for the state.
Former Chicago Police Supt. Jody Weis says his first priority as the new deputy director of the Chicago Crime Commission will be to assess the causes of gang and gun violence.
Former police Supt. Jody Weis has a new job that will keep him in Chicago.
In a new survey, the Chicago Crime Commission says voters throughout the state are against the expansion of casino gambling, as a bill now on Gov. Pat Quinn’s desk would authorize.
The Chicago Crime Commission is warning Gov. Pat Quinn that if he signs the gambling expansion legislation now on his desk, organized crime will be involved.
The Chicago Crime Commission is urging Gov. Pat Quinn to re-appoint the retired judge who heads the Illinois Gaming Board.
Illinois lawmakers are expected to take up a major gambling expansion bill this week.
- BREAKING: Jury Sides With Donald Trump In Condo Dispute With Woman, 87A federal jury has sided with developer Donald Trump -- not the 87-year-old woman who says she was cheated financially after buying two condominiums at his Trump Tower project.1056
- Employee At Dunbar High Suspended After Pushing Student Down StairsAn employee at a public high school in the Bronzeville neighborhood has been taken off the job after being recorded on cell phone video pushing a girl down a set of stairs.408
- Concealed Carry Bill Moves To House Floor, But Senate ObjectsA concealed-carry gun deal brokered by House Speaker Michael Madigan cleared a House committee Thursday, but its prospects were unclear across the Capitol in the Senate because of the way it would curb existing local gun laws.165
- Four Hurt In Wrong-Way Crash On Chicago SkywayA 25-year-old man has been cited for driving the wrong way on the Chicago Skyway, after a head-on crash with a pickup truck Thursday morning that sent four people to hospitals.232
- Student Pulled Over And Robbed By Phony Police OfficerA man driving an unmarked white Ford Crown Victoria with interior flashing red and blue lights pulled the student over near Ballard and Bender roads in Des Plaines as she was driving to school around 7:30 a.m. on May 20.340
- Census Data: Chicago Slowest Growing Big City In U.S.Chicago gained nearly 10,000 people from July 2011 to July 2012, but was the slowest-growing major city in the country according to U.S. Census Bureau estimates released Thursday.130
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!