Neal Cotts had not pitched in the big leagues since May 25, 2009. Until Tuesday.
The Cubs have placed reliever Shawn Camp on the 15-day disabled list with a sprained right big toe.
The Cubs have claimed right-handed pitcher Eduardo Sanchez off waivers from the Cardinals.
If baseball truly wants to take the next step forward, bleed technology for all it can give. Just make sure you get it right.
Matt Harvey won his fifth straight decision, allowing five hits in 7 1-3 innings and singling in the go-ahead run in the seventh inning to lead the New York Mets over the Chicago Cubs 3-2 Friday.
Carlos Zambrano’s signed a minor league deal with the Phillies and the Liberty Bell just asked to be placed in the witness protection program. Speaking of witness protection, anyone seen Gabe Carimi lately?
Though the credibility of the report is questionable, Carlos Marmol denied rumors he said he “can’t wait” to leave Chicago.
Big Z could be getting another chance in the Majors.
The Mac & Spiegs Cubs/Sox prop bets are back, and here’s an update.
Here are 10 reasons the White Sox will finish with more wins than the Cubs. (And cover that 4 and ½ win spread)
The Cubs are pulling out all the stops to gain support in their quest to renovate Wrigley Field.
Anthony Rizzo gained financial security for a long time, agreeing to a seven-year deal, worth $39 million, with a team option each of the last two years for $14.5 million each year.
Here’s a complete breakdown of the numbers, from CBS Sports’ Jon Heyman.
The Cubs have locked up another big piece of their future.
The chants of “Corey, Corey” cascaded from every corner of the United Center. As focused as Corey Crawford was, it didn’t escape him that the crowd that used to get on him now loves him.
Carlos Beltran and Jon Jay drove in two runs apiece, and the St. Louis Cardinals capped an impressive trip with a 5-4 victory over the Chicago Cubs on Wednesday.
Former Cubs ace Carlos Zambrano has signed with the Independent League’s Long Island Ducks.
A suburban teacher and avid Cubs fan has died following a chocking accident while at the game on Sunday at Wrigley Field.
Look at Mark Buehrle at the 1:35 mark. Look at R.A. Dickey at 1:50. The color leaving the faces of J.A. Happ’s Toronto Blue Jays teammates as blood exited his head.
As the Cubs defeated the arch-rival Cardinals several blocks away, neighborhood residents and a Cubs vice president again discussed details of the Wrigley Field renovation plan, and possible competition to move the team.
- Portage Theater Closed For NowThe 93-year-old landmark theater at 4050 N. Milwaukee Ave. was shut down on Friday after Ald. John Arena (45th) blocked Carranza’s application for a liquor license, according to Carranza.90
- Man Shot And Killed Inside Hyde Park HomeA murder in Hyde Park, just blocks away from President Barack Obama's home.213
- Noise From Music Fest At Chicagoland Speedway Has Neighbors Up In ArmsMost of the complaints seem to be coming from the east of the Chicagoland Speedway in new Lenox, Frankfort and Mokena as grandstands protect the other three sides.127
- Roseland Hospital Cuts Staff, Salaries To Keep Doors OpenAs it waits to hear if it’ll receive a $7 million bailout to stay open, Roseland Community Hospital laid off almost 70 employees, and other hospital employees will take a pay cut.89
- Rev. Jackson: School Closings UndemocraticOpponents of Chicago school closures are vowing to fight on, but they appear to have little chance of reversing the mayor's agenda... unless a federal judge steps in, reports WBBM's Mike Krauser.90
- Mount Prospect Man Falls To Death From Albany Park RoofA Mount Prospect man fell to his death from a roof in Albany Park Friday afternoon.113
- Benjamin Moore Which Team Colors Matter Most? May 24, 2013Which Team Colors matter most to you? Either way, you could be a winner! Just sign up now for a chance to win $500 Depot Dollars to the Chicago Sports Depot to pick up some gear with your favorite team colors as they battle it out this week!
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!