A Cook County judge has decided that free speech rights protect political ads suggesting a mayoral candidate in Chicago Heights will allow drugs to be sold from City Hall.
Ryan Fantasia, 20, was charged with two counts of felony obstruction of justice in connection with Friday’s shooting death of 19-year-old Hayley Pelock.
Police have a person of interest they are questioning after the death of a 19-year-old girl who was fatally shot at a home in Chicago Heights Friday night.
Alma Mendez went for a run in October 2007 on a Chicago Heights trail and never returned. Her sisters want help in solving her violent death.
A Will County jury has found Cecil Conner Jr. guilty of aggravated driving under the influence in the high-speed crash that led to the death of his girlfriend’s 5-year-old son last spring.
An admittedly drunk driver took the witness stand in his own defense Friday, testifying how a Chicago Heights police officer ordered him behind the wheel before he crashed his girlfriend’s car, killing the 5-year-old boy he called his own.
A business in south suburban Chicago Heights was ransacked shots were fired inside by an Indiana man who previously worked there, police said.
Police in Chicago Heights are trying to determine whether there’s any connection between two recent shootings in the south suburb.
CHICAGO HEIGHTS, Ill. (STMW) – A 20-year-old man who was shot multiple times in the head and found in a snowbank in south suburban Chicago Heights died Friday.
A fire in south suburban Chicago Heights that officials are calling suspicious destroyed an abandoned two-story building Friday.
Two people were charged with first-degree murder today in the shooting death of a Chicago Heights woman over the weekend in an incident that started as a dispute at a sports bar in Matteson.
Detectives have detained two persons of interest following the stabbing and shooting of Marquita Campbell, 26, outside a restaurant.
A man and a woman are being questioned after a woman was slain and two men injured during a shooting outside a sandwich shop in south suburban Chicago Heights early Sunday.
A motorist drove into a building in Chicago Heights after blacking out on Thursday afternoon.
The death of a man who was found early Saturday in south suburban Chicago Heights with multiple gunshot wounds to the head has been ruled a homicide, according to autopsy results.
A party for two birthday celebrants in Chicago Heights ended badly when a number of guests got sick. Some suspect the water they drank is to blame.
- Students Disciplined For ‘Sexting’ Incident At Evanston Township HighIn a letter to parents dated Thursday, District 202 Supt. Eric Witherspoon wrote that girls sent inappropriate photos to members of the varsity baseball team.265
- Cops Crack Down On Retailers Who Sell Stolen GoodsA new law in Illinois is allowing police and retailers to work together to crack down on organized retail theft. CBS 2's Mike Puccinelli reports.117
- Jury Sides With Donald Trump In Condo Dispute With Woman, 87A federal jury has sided with developer Donald Trump -- not the 87-year-old woman who says she was cheated financially after buying two condominiums at his Trump Tower project.1056
- VIDEO: Guard Allegedly Pushes Dunbar Student Down StairsAn employee at a public high school in the Bronzeville neighborhood has been taken off the job after being recorded on cell phone video pushing a girl down a set of stairs.408
- Concealed Carry Bill Moves To House Floor, But Senate ObjectsA concealed-carry gun deal brokered by House Speaker Michael Madigan cleared a House committee Thursday, but its prospects were unclear across the Capitol in the Senate because of the way it would curb existing local gun laws.165
- Four Hurt In Wrong-Way Crash On Chicago SkywayA 25-year-old man has been cited for driving the wrong way on the Chicago Skyway, after a head-on crash with a pickup truck Thursday morning that sent four people to hospitals.232
- Benjamin Moore Which Team Colors Matter Most? May 24, 2013Which Team Colors matter most to you? Either way, you could be a winner! Just sign up now for a chance to win $500 Depot Dollars to the Chicago Sports Depot to pick up some gear with your favorite team colors as they battle it out this week!
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- RT @Millennium_Park: Tomorrow morning see a LIVE preview of Dinosaur Petting Zoo on CBS 2 from Millennium Park @CBS2Chicago @VinceGerasole … 9 hours ago
- RT @ChicagoDCASE: Tomorrow morning see a LIVE preview of Dinosaur Petting Zoo on CBS 2 from Millennium Park @CBS2Chicago @VinceGerasole htt… 9 hours ago