Chicago Parking Meters LLC
Chicago motorists will be able to park for free on Sundays at most city parking meters – except those in the downtown area – but at the cost of extended hours for many meters the rest of the week, under a series of changes to the hated parking meter deal, and settle a long-standing dispute between the city and firm.
Parking meter rates were supposed to increase Jan. 1 in Chicago, but so far, not one meter has been changed to the new rates, which would make downtown meter parking the most expensive in North America.
Another year, another rate hike for Chicago’s parking meters. Starting next Tuesday, parking meters in downtown Chicago will have the most expensive downtown parking rates in North America.
There’s no cheering the Chicago Bears this week, so I’m looking for something else to feel good about; to say “that’s fabulous,” and “right on,” and “go for it.”
Mayor Rahm Emanuel has ordered an independent audit of the controversial $1.15 billion parking meter lease, to determine whether the city is being overcharged.
Chicago and the company running the city’s parking meters are at odds over a $14.2 million bill.
Business interests that pledged money to cover the costs of the NATO Summit are going to have to pay the Chicago’s parking meter lease company.
Another hefty bill has arrived at City Hall from the company that leases Chicago’s parking meters.
It’s unclear who will pay it but, after the NATO summit ends, there likely will be a hefty bill from the private company that operates Chicago’s parking meters, for lost revenue from street closures and parking bans.
The company that leases Chicago’s parking meter system raked in $80 million last year, but now says the city owes it even more money.
For the fourth consecutive year, parking meter rates in Chicago are about to go up under the city’s maligned 75-year lease of its parking meters.
Another week, another embarrassing detail concerning the city’s parking meter monopoly; Chicago Parking Meters LLC has sent City Hall another bill for lost revenue from the city’s parking meters.
With 73 years left to go in a parking meter contract signed by the city of Chicago back in 2008, residents in Wicker Park are hoping a new City Hall administration can make a difference.
Here’s more proof that Chicago is getting back to normal quickly following the blizzard of 2011. Credit card parking machines are being shoveled out so that motorists once again can pay to park.
CHICAGO (STMW) – If you park on the street, get ready to shell out — again.
Mayoral candidate Miguel Del Valle says the parking meter privatization deal two years ago was a raw deal for Chicagoans, and if elected, he plans to renegotiate the contract.
Police are investigating a rash of recent thefts of the 200-pound pay-and-display parking meter boxes.
- Woman Disputes Story Of Chicago Cop Who Shot Her DogTensions are boiling over in the Norwood Park neighborhood on Chicago's Northwest Side where an off-duty Chicago police officer shot and killed a dog, reports WBBM's Nancy Harty.189
- 3 Critically Hurt In Kennedy CrashThree people were critically injured in a crash on the Kennedy Expressway on the Northwest Side Sunday morning.271
- Woman Found Dead At O’HareA woman was found dead near a bus stop at O’Hare International Airport Saturday, authorities said.308
- Toddler Reunited With ParentsPolice on Sunday were looking for the parents or guardians of a little boy who was found in the West Side Douglas Park neighborhood.233
- A Dozen Illinoisans Come Within One Number Of $600M Powerball JackpotOne number in Saturday night’s Powerball drawing was the difference for a dozen Illinois players between being $10,000 richer and living the life of a multi-millionaire.389
- 12 Arrested After Youth ‘Flash Mobs’ Erupt On Michigan AvenueOne adult and 11 juveniles were arrested Saturday night after police responded to groups of teens running through traffic around North Michigan Avenue on the Gold Coast.410
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- OREO Text-In Giveaway May 6, 2013The OREO King Size single serve packs are ideal for on the go snacking and sharing. To celebrate OREO King Size packs, text the keyword “OREO” to 67011 to enter for your chance to win a $250 Visa gift card!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!
- Rivers Casino’s Baseball Fever Giveaway May 1, 2013Get Baseball Fever at Rivers Casino Sundays & Tuesdays in May! You could win great prizes and up to $25,000. Plus print out the WILD CARD that can help you win even more!