Chicago Transit Authority
An arrest has been made in connection with a mob attack last month on a CTA Red Line train downtown.
A woman fell and touched the electrified third rail at the Howard CTA Red Line terminal Sunday night.
A West Side man who is not a bus driver is in big trouble, after he allegedly stole a CTA bus from one garage and returned it to another across town for reasons unexplained.
The free ride on mass transit in Illinois may soon be over for everyone.
Chicago Police and the Chicago Transit Authority believe they have a plan to try to cut down on the number of serious crimes that are committed on buses and trains.
The Emanuel Administration says the $20 million project to rebuild and expand the CTA Red Line’s 95th Street station will have local community participation from beginning to end.
Passengers on the CTA Red Line may want to be more alert, as new research says it’s the line most targeted by criminals.
The Chicago Transit Authority on Monday night will hold the first in a series of public meetings about a bold plan to rebuild part of the CTA Red Line in a matter of months.
A man pulled a gun and shot up a car in downtown Skokie during rush hour Thursday night, a few feet from the new Oakton Street CTA station.
Pace has officially wedded itself to the Chicago Transit Authority’s effort to allow riders to pay their fares using credit and debit cards, and eventually using smart phones.
If you take the CTA to work, you will soon be able to snag a cheaper fare courtesy of Chicago-based Groupon.
Red Line ‘L’ train service was disrupted early Tuesday afternoon, due to what the Chicago Transit Authority only called police activity at the Addison stop near Wrigley Field.
Brown Line riders in Lincoln Park and South Lakeview will have to hoof it to Belmont or Fullerton Wednesday and Thursday, as the Chicago Transit Authority closes the two stops in between to accommodate the demolition of the charred remains of Roy’s Furniture Company.
CHICAGO (CBS) — Mayor Rahm Emanuel is defending the Chicago Transit Authority’s plans to shut down the Dan Ryan branch of the Red Line for several months next year while the ‘L’ is rehabilitated. As […]
A man was hurt Monday evening when he stumbled and fell between two train cars on the Loop ‘L.’
Construction work means delays and station closings for CTA ‘L’ riders in the Loop and at one north side Red Line station.
Get ready for what could be weeks of delays on the CTA Red Line, as closures for station upgrades start this weekend with the Granville stop.
When Regional Transportation Authority Chairman John Gates wrote last week urging the Chicago Transit Authority, Metra and Pace to work more closely together, he wasn’t anticipating the collaboration that resulted.
Chicago Transit Authority President Forrest Claypool said Wednesday that the agency has found the $80 million it needs to avert fare hikes and service cuts the rest of this year — without labor concessions.
A 15-year-old boy has been charged with robbery, after he allegedly snatched a woman’s cell phone at the Sheridan Red Line stop and got caught by two witnesses.
- Winning Powerball Ticket Sold In FloridaIt's all about the odds, and one lone ticket in Florida has beaten them all by matching each of the numbers drawn for the highest Powerball jackpot in history at an estimated $590.5 million, lottery officials said Sunday.129
- 12 Arrested After Youth ‘Flash Mobs’ Erupt On Michigan AvenueOne adult and 11 juveniles were arrested Saturday night after police responded to groups of teens running through traffic around North Michigan Avenue on the Gold Coast.408
- Jail Inmate Charged With Previous Murder, Shooting In RobbinsA Cook County Jail inmate faces new charges in connection with a 2012 murder and a separate 2011 shooting in south suburban Robbins, the Cook County Sheriff’s office announced Saturday.60
- Teen Hurt In Little Village ShootingA 14-year-old boy was shot in the arm Saturday afternoon in the Southwest Side Little Village neighborhood.86
- Man Charged With Videotaping Women In Hospital WashroomA poorly secured cell phone in a west suburban hospital washroom that a man had allegedly set up to secretly videotape women in the toilet area was discovered by a woman when the phone fell to the washroom floor on Friday. She alerted police, who then arrested and charged a 49-year-old Franklin Park man with unlawful videotaping.156
- Young Man Shot Outside Old Orchard Shopping CenterA young man was wounded in a shooting in north suburban Skokie Friday night, outside the Old Orchard Shopping Center.227
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- OREO Text-In Giveaway May 6, 2013The OREO King Size single serve packs are ideal for on the go snacking and sharing. To celebrate OREO King Size packs, text the keyword “OREO” to 67011 to enter for your chance to win a $250 Visa gift card!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!
- Rivers Casino’s Baseball Fever Giveaway May 1, 2013Get Baseball Fever at Rivers Casino Sundays & Tuesdays in May! You could win great prizes and up to $25,000. Plus print out the WILD CARD that can help you win even more!