Chicago White Sox
The Chicago White Sox have scratched Chris Sale from Wednesday’s start against the Boston Red Sox because of a mild tendinitis in his left shoulder.
According to a report from CBS Sports’ Jon Heyman, White Sox left-hander John Danks will make his first start of the season Friday against the Marlins.
If baseball truly wants to take the next step forward, bleed technology for all it can give. Just make sure you get it right.
Not even a lengthy delay can slow down the Boston Red Sox’ run. No team has been able to stop Jon Lester’s streak of winning decisions.
Carlos Zambrano’s signed a minor league deal with the Phillies and the Liberty Bell just asked to be placed in the witness protection program. Speaking of witness protection, anyone seen Gabe Carimi lately?
Jeff Keppinger walked with the bases loaded to drive in the go-ahead run — his first base on balls in 141 plate appearances this season — and the Chicago White Sox rallied with three runs in the eighth to beat the Los Angeles Angels 5-4 on Thursday night for their season-high third straight road win.
Adam Dunn homered twice, doubled and drove in five runs, powering the Chicago White Sox past the Minnesota Twins 9-4 on Wednesday.
Gordon Beckham is preparing to take the next step in his rehab process.
The Mac & Spiegs Cubs/Sox prop bets are back, and here’s an update.
Here are 10 reasons the White Sox will finish with more wins than the Cubs. (And cover that 4 and ½ win spread)
The White Sox are becoming an afterthought.
After watching White Sox left-hander Chris Sale’s one-hit performance against the Angels on Sunday night, one word comes to mind: Dominant.
The Chicago White Sox needed a big start from ace Chris Sale, and he nearly gave them something historic.
The White Sox are looking for a spark in their offense and they hope the return of left fielder Dayan Viciedo will help.
But what if the front office shake-up had happened a year or two earlier? What if Rick Hahn, who Guillen always got along with, had become GM sooner than he did? Is there a chance Guillen would still be the manager of the White Sox?
The chants of “Corey, Corey” cascaded from every corner of the United Center. As focused as Corey Crawford was, it didn’t escape him that the crowd that used to get on him now loves him.
The easy thing is to look at the Chicago White Sox and write them off as a lost cause.
White Sox pitcher Jake Peavy has teamed up with the Celebrities For Charity Foundation for “Jake Peavy’s Ultimate Country Music and Baseball Raffle.”
Look at Mark Buehrle at the 1:35 mark. Look at R.A. Dickey at 1:50. The color leaving the faces of J.A. Happ’s Toronto Blue Jays teammates as blood exited his head.
Jordan Danks atoned for a baserunning blunder in the ninth inning by hitting a solo home run in the 11th that lifted the Chicago White Sox over the Kansas City Royals 2-1 Monday.
- Board Votes To Close 49 Chicago Elementary SchoolsThe Chicago Board of Education on Wednesday voted to close 49 elementary schools, in what is believed to be the biggest single mass shutdown of schools in U.S. history.706
- Lockdown Lifted At Morton West High SchoolMorton West High School has been placed on lock down for precautionary reasons after an unknown individual entered the building.558
- Former Glenbard East Student Accused Of Planning Columbine-Type AttackA 19-year-old former student at Glenbard East High School in Lombard was in custody on Wednesday, accused of planning a "Columbine-style" attack on the school, with a list of people he wanted to target.464
- Woman Robs North Side BankA woman robbed a Lakeview bank Tuesday afternoon on the city’s North Side.262
- Four Schools To Be Spared From Closing; Another To Be DelayedHours before a final vote by the Chicago Board of Education, Chicago Public Schools officials have agreed to back off of plans to close four of the 53 elementary schools targeted for closing at the end of the school year, Board Vice President Jesse Ruiz confirmed Wednesday morning.415
- Boy, 17, Fatally Shot In Back Of The YardsA teenage boy was fatally shot in the South Side Back of the Yards neighborhood Tuesday evening, police said.147
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!