The local Chick-Fil-A controversy seemed to be settled around this time last week, when Ald. Proco “Joe” Moreno (1st) said he had made peace with the fast food chain, following what he said was its new pledge regarding gay rights issues.
Ald. Proco “Joe” Moreno recently said Chick-Fil-A issued a statement respecting all sexual orientations, and promised to end donations to anti-gay organizations. But former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee, said nothing had changed and Chick-Fil-A had made no concessions.
Ald. Proco “Joe” Moreno (1st) reportedly says he will now let Chick-Fil-A go ahead with plans for a location in his ward, after the fast food chain issued a statement respecting all sexual orientations and promised to end donations to anti-gay organizations.
While the Chick-Fil-A controversy has largely fallen out of the headlines, the opening of a new franchise in Oswego still drew a throng of protesters who support same-sex marriage rights.
Chicago gay rights activists are planning another protest Wednesday outside the city’s only Chick-Fil-A.
Chick-fil-A’s top executive said he supports the biblical definition of marriage, between a man and woman.
A Chicago-based gay rights advocacy group has filed multiple complaints against Chick-Fil-A with the Illinois Department of Human Rights, in the latest twist in the culture clash surrounding the fast food chain.
The Chick-Fil-A controversy now has Francis Cardinal George upset, but Ald. Proco “Joe” Moreno (1st) –who said he would deny the fast food restaurant a permit to open in his ward – is firing back.
The culture clash over Chick-Fil-A came to a head on Wednesday, with supporters in Chicago and around the country turning out for an “appreciation day” first proposed by former Republican presidential candidate Mike Huckabee.
A Logan Square neighborhood pastor used the controversy over a proposal to build a new Chick-Fil-A restaurant in Chicago as part of his sermon Sunday, asking those opposed to the new franchise to reverse course.
Mason Johnson knows nothing about horoscopes or astrology. Seriously. When he was six, his mom thought it was funny to make him stick his head out the car window and scream, “What’s your sign?” at women walking by. That is the extent of his experience. Also, Mason is an Aquarius… ladies.
A Lombard village trustee who also serves as the attorney for a conservative religious law firm is publicly defending Chick-Fil-A, after Chicago Ald. Proco “Joe” Moreno (1st) announced he would block the fast food restaurant from opening in his ward over the company’s opposition to gay rights.
What was Chick-fil-A President Dan Cathy thinking when he thought that anyone cares about what he thinks about same-sex marriage? Whatever Cathy’s reasoning, he has a lot to learn about the separation of his business and the unnecessary preaching of his morality.
The chairman of the City Council’s Zoning Committee is warning Ald. Proco “Joe” Moreno (1st) not to try to block a Chick-Fil-A restaurant from coming to his ward simply because the head of the company publicly opposes same sex marriage.
The gay rights group Equality Illinois is launching a campaign against Chick-Fil-A – petitioning universities and lawmakers to evict the fast food restaurant from their campuses and planning a “kiss-in” campaign by gay and lesbian couples outside Chick-Fil-A restaurants.
Ald. Proco “Joe” Moreno (1st) is standing his ground on plans to block efforts by Chick-Fil-A to open a second Chicago restaurant, because the company’s president vocally opposes same-sex marriage.
People were camped out at a Chick-fil-A Restaurant parking lot in southwest suburban Orland Park, in anticipation of the grand opening Wednesday morning.
- Bakery Blunder Makes ‘Cat Cake’ A Viral SensationOf all the cat memes on the Internet, this one takes the cake.900
- Search Dog Tracks Missing Student To LakefrontVolunteers, friends and family were out in force Tuesday morning, resuming the search for a missing University of Chicago student.586
- Initial Tests ID Glittery Substance Along BeachIndiana environmental officials were investigating whether a Porter County manufacturer was responsible for a slick of glittery material that kept many swimmers out of Porter Beach on Monday.1095
- Weekend Death Toll Rises To 8 After Two Men Die Of Gunshot InjuriesTwo men critically wounded in weekend shootings died Monday, raising the death toll for 2013’s most violent weekend to eight. At least 39 other people were wounded in shootings across the city, authorities said.163
- Mystery Substance Prompts Closure Of Indiana BeachSwimmers have been ordered out of Lake Michigan at Porter Beach because of a substance in the water. WBBM's Nancy Harty has more.6566
- Man Dies After His Head Is Impaled On Fence During FightA man was murdered Sunday night by someone who struck him in the head, causing him to become impaled on a wrought iron fence in the South Side Burnside neighborhood.3601
- Win $1,000 In Gas From Hyundai! June 17, 2013Enter to win $1,000 in free gas from Hyundai! What’s better than free gas? How about the 2013 Elantra Limited with an EPA-Estimated 38 MPG Highway! 28 City/38 Hwy. EPA Estimates. For comparison only. Actual mileage may vary.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!