I’ll spare you my opening-day gush of excitement.
In addition to Ken “Hawk” Harrelson becoming the first two-time Boers & Bernstein Quote Of The Year Award winner, a number of other honors were handed out Wednesday.
Well, the 2012 baseball season in Chicago has come to an end. For some, mercifully. For others, disappointingly.
The White Sox are making a final push to get Jake Peavy to the All-Star Game Thursday and they are getting help from everyone.
Back in 2007, The Score produced a cover of the Beastie Boys’ Brass Monkey centering in on Chris Rongey’s White Sox pre/post game show.
Chicago White Sox General Manager Kenny Williams joined Chris Rongey on Sox Weekly Saturday to discuss his first impressions of the 2012 season.
The Cubs lost in the most Cubs way possible short of forfeiting due to locusts to open the 2012 season Thursday.
Don’t miss White Sox Weekly tomorrow with The Score’s Chris Rongey from 12:55-1:55 on 670 The Score.
Don’t miss White Sox Weekly tomorrow from 11:45-12:45 with The Score’s Chris Rongey. Addison Reed and Ed Farmer will join the show.
Don’t miss White Sox Weekly tomorrow from 11:45-12:45 with The Score’s Chris Rongey.
White Sox new manager Robin Venutra will join Chris Rongey on Saturday at noon for White Sox Weekly on 670 The Score.
Don’t miss this week’s installment of White Sox Weekly with Chris Rongey on Saturday from 12pm-2pm on 670 The Score and 670thescore.com
Check out the Hooters girls live in The Score’s studios.
Don’t miss this week’s installment of White Sox Weekly with Chris Rongey on Saturday from 12pm-1pm on 670 The Score and 670thescore.com
We’re 6% of the way through the White Sox season. Ten games in and a record of 6 and 4.
After going most of spring training battling with Chris Sale to be the Chicago White Sox’s closer, Matt Thornton got the official nod from manager Ozzie Guillen. But it’s business as usual for Thornton, even after the announcement.
Just yesterday, Jake Peavy’s progress continued to be encouraging.
And that’s as close as we would get. Because of camp format, we were somehow still able to play for a chance to be in the championship game on Sunday, even though we had only won one game.
Holy crap, we won a game
There was a strong chance the OBI’s were going to finish the first 3 days without a single win, but after starting 0-5, everything fell into place in the second game of the day.
Almost took Donn Pall deep
OK, it’s not nearly as impressive as it sounds, and to be perfectly honest, I’m not sure it would be that impressive if it was exactly as it sounds. Made my best contact of the camp today when I hit one to the warning track in left center. True warning track power with a composite bat. I’m awesome.
- BREAKING: Jury Sides With Donald Trump In Condo Dispute With WomanA federal jury has sided with developer Donald Trump -- not the 87-year-old woman who says she was cheated financially after buying two condominiums at his Trump Tower project.1056
- Employee At Dunbar High Suspended After Pushing Student Down StairsAn employee at a public high school in the Bronzeville neighborhood has been taken off the job after being recorded on cell phone video pushing a girl down a set of stairs.408
- Concealed Carry Bill Moves To House Floor, But Senate ObjectsA concealed-carry gun deal brokered by House Speaker Michael Madigan cleared a House committee Thursday, but its prospects were unclear across the Capitol in the Senate because of the way it would curb existing local gun laws.165
- Four Hurt In Wrong-Way Crash On Chicago SkywayA 25-year-old man has been cited for driving the wrong way on the Chicago Skyway, after a head-on crash with a pickup truck Thursday morning that sent four people to hospitals.232
- Student Pulled Over And Robbed By Phony Police OfficerA man driving an unmarked white Ford Crown Victoria with interior flashing red and blue lights pulled the student over near Ballard and Bender roads in Des Plaines as she was driving to school around 7:30 a.m. on May 20.340
- Census Data: Chicago Slowest Growing Big City In U.S.Chicago gained nearly 10,000 people from July 2011 to July 2012, but was the slowest-growing major city in the country according to U.S. Census Bureau estimates released Thursday.130
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!