Wood finishes his collegiate career with 2,447 rushing yards and 16 touchdowns.
Everett Golson threw touchdown passes of 50, 34 and 2 yards, Cierre Wood scored on a 68-yard run and third-ranked Notre Dame beat Wake Forest 38-0 Saturday to finish the season undefeated at home for the first time since 1998 and keep alive its national championship hopes.
Notre Dame has suspended starting tailback Cierre Wood two games for violating team rules.
Michael Floyd and Jonas Gray scored in a 1:59 span in the second quarter Saturday to effectively put the game out of reach, and Notre Dame rebounded from a rough week with a 56-14 rout of Navy on Saturday.
The Fighting Irish lost the ball five times for the second straight week, letting Michigan beat them 35-31 Saturday night on Denard Robinson’s 16-yard touchdown pass to Roy Roundtree with 2 seconds left.
Notre Dame and Miami played some heated games in their rivalry back in the 1980′s. In both teams’ last game of 2010, the Irish routed the ‘Canes 33-17.
Saturday was Tommy Rees’ first start for Notre Dame as they faced Utah and the new QB did not disappoint. The Irish held the Utes to a meager three points while Rees threw three touchdown passes as Notre Dame finished 28-3.
Notre Dame had remained ahead against Tulsa throughout most of the game. A field goal in the fourth quarter set Notre Dame behind, but it wasn’t over yet. The Irish was on their final drive for the win when an interception in the end zone with 36 seconds left put a stop to their drive.
- Should Indoor Sprinklers Be Mandatory For New Homes?Safety advocates say new construction should include indoor sprinklers to make homes more fireproof. CBS 2's Chris Martinez looks at both sides of the debate.149
- Cop Shoots Trucker In Parking Lot Of Merrillville, Ind. Planned ParenthoodA police-involved shooting occurred in the parking lot of a Planned Parenthood office in Merrillville, Ind. Monday afternoon.254
- 25 Years Ago, Laurie Dann Went On Deadly Rampage On North ShoreIt was 25 years ago today when a tragedy unfolded in Winnetka.246
- Neighbor’s Dog Seriously Injures 9-Year-Old BoyA nephew of the dog owner was able to pull the animal off the boy, who suffered bites to his arms and legs.321
- Storms Likely On Monday Afternoon, EveningWarm, humid air over Chicago is likely to create some strong, isolated thunderstorms around the evening rush hour on Monday.431
- Three Teens Arrested After Large Fight On Lakefront On South SideThree teens were arrested on Sunday, after police broke up a large fight along the lakefront in the Jackson Park neighborhood.337
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.