City of Chicago
You are probably noticing more tourists around town.
Check out these suggestions to find an affordable fitness option in Chicago that intrigues you.
Looking for a job? Jobs in fields like nursing, security and criminal justice are hiring in Chicago.
Criminal justice continues to be a burgeoning field for job seekers.
A judge on Thursday refused to toss a jury verdict that suggested Chicago police adhere to a code of silence in protecting rogue officers, citing its “social value” despite claims by the city that the verdict could cost Chicago millions in other litigation.
The City of Chicago has settled with a man who was run-over by a drunk city worker.
The City Of Chicago started testing it’s new speed camera equipment on Monday. The testing will continue to Jan. 3 and the city says it is simply “evaluating the equipment.”
An unemployed, single mother says she’s trapped in a parking ticket nightmare so now, she’s suing.
The city of Chicago is expanding its new, more efficient garbage collection system. Starting tomorrow, another 115-thousand households will be added to the so-called grid system for garbage pickup on the northwest, west, and near southwest sides.
Thousands of people waited in line for hours Friday morning at Kennedy-King College, to attend a job fair hosted by the city of Chicago, but many of those people left upset, when they found out the job fair wasn’t quite what they were expecting.
The City Of Chicago will hold a job fair on Friday to help fill hundreds of vacant city positions.
The head of a government watchdog group says Chicago aldermen and others aren’t doing enough to help end the city’s growing pension crisis.
The leaves are starting to change and there is definitely a chill in the air, so you can be sure that flu season is just around the corner.
Chicago’s Inspector General is out with his latest list of options that could help the city reduce its nearly $300 million budget shortfall.
The City of Chicago’s 2013 budget gap now stands at $298 million–after belt-tightening knocked $71 million off the total.
The City of Chicago is offering a major reward to cabdrivers who serve disabled passengers – a free medallion.
If you’re a Chicago resident, you can track your city service requests by a simple click of your smartphone touch screen.
Buying a car? Opening a savings account? Want to know about student loans? There’s someone waiting to help you at the Chicago city Treasurer’s office.
Mayor Rahm Emanuel has announced Chicago is building more than 30 miles of new bicycle lanes this year.
A man is suing the city for tearing down his building, claiming that he never got the paperwork saying the building was in code violation.
- Weekend Death Toll Rises To 8 After Two Men Die Of Gunshot InjuriesTwo men critically wounded in weekend shootings died Monday, raising the death toll for 2013’s most violent weekend to eight. At least 39 other people were wounded in shootings across the city, authorities said.163
- Mystery Substance Prompts Closure Of Indiana BeachSwimmers have been ordered out of Lake Michigan at Porter Beach because of a substance in the water. WBBM's Nancy Harty has more.216
- Man Dies After His Head Is Impaled On Fence During FightA man was murdered Sunday night by someone who struck him in the head, causing him to become impaled on a wrought iron fence in the South Side Burnside neighborhood.319
- Indiana Woman Who Received Death Sentence At 16 Released From PrisonThe first taste of freedom in 27 years, that's what a 43-year-old woman from Gary, Indiana is enjoying tonight, after going to prison for murder. Roseanne Tellez reports, she has an unlikely supporter as she starts her new life: her victim's grandson.263
- Chief Keef Pleads Guilty To Speeding, Faces Second Paternity SuitChicago rapper Chief Keef was served Monday in a second paternity lawsuit as he appeared in a Cook County courtroom to plead guilty to a speeding violation, the Sun-Times is reporting.257
- Four Contract E Coli After Eating At Lombard RestaurantFour people contracted E. coli after eating at a west suburban restaurant, which has since been closed, DuPage County health officials said.322
- Win $1,000 In Gas From Hyundai! June 17, 2013Enter to win $1,000 in free gas from Hyundai! What’s better than free gas? How about the 2013 Sonata Hybrid Limited with an EPA-Estimated 38 MPG Highway! 28 City/38 Hwy. EPA Estimates. For comparison only. Actual mileage may vary.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!