The profile of a small, but notorious hot dog stand in the Lincoln Park neighborhood has risen to the point where it is now the subject of a reality TV show.
The Gerber/Hart LGBT library has announced plans to move to a new site on Clark Street in Rogers Park.
Valentine’s Day might be all about heart-shaped boxes and red roses to some, but in Chicago, it’s not complete until a Tommy gun is fired.
Police are looking for burglars who tunneled their way through a wall to steal gems from a Lincoln Park neighborhood jewelry store.
When a 24-year-old man who had gotten into an altercation with another man in a Wrigleyville bar early Sunday saw that man approach him later as he stood outside, he thought he was getting a hug, but the other man stabbed him, police said.
A new coffee roasting house is coming to bustling Broadway in East Lakeview, according to a recent report.
After being shuttered for six years, the Hotel Lincoln at the corner of Clark Street and Lincoln Avenue will reopen in the coming months.
Two police officers were injured Sunday afternoon in a traffic accident in the Loop.
Two teen boys and a woman were injured in a stabbing Saturday night outside a strip mall near the Howard Red Line CTA station on the North Side.
A van slammed into a taxi downtown early Friday and caused the cab to roll over on the sidewalk next to City Hall, in an accident that sent four people to area hospitals.
The owners of the Cubs have purchased the lot directly across from Wrigley Field, where a prominent McDonald’s now stands.
Chicago Animal Care and Control is trying to track down three coyotes that surrounded a woman and her two dogs in the Lincoln Park neighborhood.
A Lincoln Park neighborhood woman says she is fearful for people walking their dogs on the North Side after a very close encounter with a pack of coyotes Tuesday morning.
The shuttered Borders bookstore at the busy juncture of Diversey Parkway, Clark Street and Broadway will reopen as a multi-level Walgreens drugstore, according to an architectural firm.
A renowned Swedish deli in Andersonville is back open for business after being closed during the summer, and says it is not going anywhere.
Police say a panhandler over the weekend followed a man off an ‘L’ train at the busy Belmont stop, then attacked the man and knocked him to the ground for giving him a mere $2.
An autopsy is scheduled for Friday for a 54-year-old woman, whose burning body was found in a garage on the northwest edge of the Uptown neighborhood.
A woman was found burned to death Thursday morning in a North Side garage, and police believe she was murdered. CBS 2′s Pamela Jones reports.
The massive Addison Park on Clark hotel-residential-retail development in Wrigleyville got the green light from the City Council last year, despite heated opposition from many neighbors.
A Lincoln Park neighborhood drugstore owner described harrowing moments this week, as a woman tried to rob his business with a hand grenade.
- Two Charged With River North BurglariesTwo people have been charged with burglary in connection with a spate of robberies this month in the River North neighborhood.98
- Portage Theater Closed For NowThe 93-year-old landmark theater at 4050 N. Milwaukee Ave. was shut down on Friday after Ald. John Arena (45th) blocked Carranza’s application for a liquor license, according to Carranza.90
- Man Shot And Killed Inside Hyde Park HomeA murder in Hyde Park, just blocks away from President Barack Obama's home.213
- Noise From Music Fest At Chicagoland Speedway Has Neighbors Up In ArmsMost of the complaints seem to be coming from the east of the Chicagoland Speedway in new Lenox, Frankfort and Mokena as grandstands protect the other three sides.127
- Roseland Hospital Cuts Staff, Salaries To Keep Doors OpenAs it waits to hear if it’ll receive a $7 million bailout to stay open, Roseland Community Hospital laid off almost 70 employees, and other hospital employees will take a pay cut.89
- Rev. Jackson: School Closings UndemocraticOpponents of Chicago school closures are vowing to fight on, but they appear to have little chance of reversing the mayor's agenda... unless a federal judge steps in, reports WBBM's Mike Krauser.90
- Benjamin Moore Which Team Colors Matter Most? May 24, 2013Which Team Colors matter most to you? Either way, you could be a winner! Just sign up now for a chance to win $500 Depot Dollars to the Chicago Sports Depot to pick up some gear with your favorite team colors as they battle it out this week!
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!