Grammy-winning pop group fun. will headline this year’s Taste of Chicago concerts.
Let loose and sing your heart out for a couple of hours at one of the best concerts coming to Chicago in 2013.
The deadline is fast approaching for people who want a reserved seat for concerts at the Taste of Chicago, less than a week away.
With some 700 acts from which to choose at the world’s largest music festival, place these new sites and not-to-miss performances on the sked for summer 2012.
It’s the season for big-ticket concerts and weekend-long lineups with multi-day passes priced in the hundreds. Luckily, for us cheapskates, summer’s also the season for live music events of the free variety. One of the perks of big city life is there’s plenty of free entertainment, and you don’t have to look too hard to find it. The hefty schedule of outdoor festivals downtown and in the neighborhoods add up nicely to a summer’s worth of live jams on the cheap, and there’s something for every taste. Here are my personal picks for the top local freebie shows for Summer 2012.
Groupon will be the exclusive ticketing agent for concerts and the new sit-down dinners at this year’s Taste of Chicago.
Let me be the first to say it: I miss winter. The thing about winter, is that it’s an easy excuse to stay in. That’s extraordinarily important for those of us who are socially inept mutants. Your excuses of snow and cold and wild wampas waiting to kill you and drag you back to their cave like that one scene in The Empire Strikes Back can’t be used anymore. You have to go outside again. And, if you gotta go out, you might as well have fun. Here are some events for April that will help you in that endeavor…
Mayor Rahm Emanuel has introduced a measure that would mean a major change in the music and entertainment at the city’s annual Taste of Chicago summer festival.
Chicago’s northwest side is home to a small bar with one of the biggest line-ups for the way underager’s and their parents. Every weekend, the booster seats go on the bar stools and families come by to rock together. Beat Kitchen has excellent food on funky menus, sandwiched between vintage record album covers…
Comedy, Concerts, Museums, And More For Free!!
Did you ever think about wearing earplugs to a concert? A local audiologist thinks you should.
Paul McCartney has not announced official plans for a concert at Wrigley Field this summer, but the Cubs are already nailing down the dates.
- Board Votes To Close 49 Chicago Elementary SchoolsThe Chicago Board of Education on Wednesday voted to close 49 elementary schools, in what is believed to be the biggest single mass shutdown of schools in U.S. history.4639
- Lockdown Lifted At Morton West High SchoolMorton West High School has been placed on lock down for precautionary reasons after an unknown individual entered the building.558
- Former Glenbard East Student Accused Of Planning Columbine-Type AttackA 19-year-old former student at Glenbard East High School in Lombard was in custody on Wednesday, accused of planning a "Columbine-style" attack on the school, with a list of people he wanted to target.561
- Woman Robs North Side BankA woman robbed a Lakeview bank Tuesday afternoon on the city’s North Side.262
- Four Schools To Be Spared From Closing; Another To Be DelayedHours before a final vote by the Chicago Board of Education, Chicago Public Schools officials have agreed to back off of plans to close four of the 53 elementary schools targeted for closing at the end of the school year, Board Vice President Jesse Ruiz confirmed Wednesday morning.415
- Boy, 17, Fatally Shot In Back Of The YardsA teenage boy was fatally shot in the South Side Back of the Yards neighborhood Tuesday evening, police said.147
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!