The NFL season’s theme seemed to be concussions. The focus looks to be turning toward the NHL’s concussions now. Concussions are on the rise in the NHL and it’s not because of illegal hits to the head.
Aaron Rodgers has already suffered two concussion this season. And if it wasn’t for the new helmet he started wearing, that number might have hit three against the Chicago Bears.
The Chicago Bears have been healthy all regular season long, and that health has continued into the playoffs. The Seattle Seahawks, on the other hand, may be without linebacker Lofa Tatupu.
Athletes playing for Chicago schools who show signs of a concussion will be prohibited from practicing or playing until they are given the OK by a medical professional, under a new ordinance passed by the City Council on Thursday.
Chicago public and private school student-athletes who exhibit “signs, symptoms or behaviors” tied to concussion would be yanked off the field and barred from returning without written medical clearance, under a crackdown advanced Wednesday.
Two key city council members want schools to pull athletes out of play if they show signs of concussion head injury.
Amid the joy of last weekend’s 25th-year reunion of the 1985 Bears came some sobering stuff from former quarterback Jim McMahon.
Rarely is something so immensely popular so uncomfortable. All eyes are on the NFL right now, both here in Chicago and across the country. The television colossus dominates the screens in our homes, on our […]
By Chris Collins– He’s our man Dent ……“That’s what people come to see” was his response when asked about today’s news, the devastating hit rule. The Super Bowl XX MVP was very open about his […]
By Chris Collins– Former Bears DE and current Saints defender Alex Brown was very outspoken about the latest news-maker in the NFL, the new devastating hit rule. Brown told The Mully and Hanley Show, “we’re […]
Jay Cutler was asked directly yesterday if he had ever suffered a concussion before the one he sustained against the Giants. His answer? “No.” Cutler is either lying or extremely forgetful, since the Chicago Tribune […]
Barring any complications, I would expect Jay to start against the Seahawks.
BUFFALO, N.Y. (AP) — Sabres goalie Ryan Miller is urging the NHL to “wake up” and severely punish Chicago defenseman Niklas Hjalmarsson for his blind-side hit that knocked out Buffalo forward Jason Pominville. Miller says […]
Jay Cutler is just 27 years old. He has a long time to live. Help him live it.
After being sacked nine times and suffering a concussion Sunday night, Jay Cutler was back at practice Wednesday and could play next week against the Panthers.
LAKE FOREST, Ill. (AP) Chicago Bears coach Lovie Smith sounded optimistic that quarterback Jay Cutler will be back soon from his concussion, although he would not say just how severe the injury is. Smith said […]
SOUTH BEND, Ind. — Talk about determined. Notre Dame quarterback Dayne Crist finished off an opening scoring drive against Michigan last week even though he couldn’t see out of his right eye. Crist acknowledged Wednesday […]
Update 9/14 at 5:32pm The Chicago Bears have confirmed the fact that Hunter Hillenmeyer was placed on the IR. In a statement released to the press the Bears also confirmed it was the result of […]
- Orange Line Service Resumes After Train-Pedestrian IncidentCTA commuters were temporarily stymied on the Orange Line during the Friday rush hour after a train fatally struck a man on the tracks.401
- Illinois Senate Passes Medical Marijuana LegislationIllinois Gov. Pat Quinn must decide if he will sign a measure allowing the use of marijuana for medical purposes after the state Senate approved legislation on Friday.1238
- Teen Fatally Stabbed In Fight Outside Suburban Grocery StoreRomeoville police say a 17-year-old boy and a 22-year-old man got into a fight in the parking lot outside the Jewel-Osco on Weber Road.432
- Powerball Jackpot At $600 Million: Most Common NumbersThe Powerball jackpot was increased Friday to $600 million, making it the largest Powerball jackpot ever.781
- Police Believe Alleged Con Man Had Scores Of Victims In 4 StatesPark Ridge police were asking for the public’s health in a fraud investigation against a man they said has been using a fake identity to fleece people in at least four states.148
- Family Helping Fund Research For Rare Disease That Struck Son, DaughterThey start out growing up like any other child, until a seizure strikes. It's the first sign of a deadly, rare brain disease that robs children of their abilities before taking their lives. This weekend, you can help a Downers Grove family try to find a cure for Batten Disease.226
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- OREO Text-In Giveaway May 6, 2013The OREO King Size single serve packs are ideal for on the go snacking and sharing. To celebrate OREO King Size packs, text the keyword “OREO” to 67011 to enter for your chance to win a $250 Visa gift card!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!
- Rivers Casino’s Baseball Fever Giveaway May 1, 2013Get Baseball Fever at Rivers Casino Sundays & Tuesdays in May! You could win great prizes and up to $25,000. Plus print out the WILD CARD that can help you win even more!