CBS 2′s Walter Jacobson tallies up the costs taxpayers fork over to a Congress that gives very little in return.
Petraeus must either volunteer to speak as a civilian or Congress must subpoena the former CIA Director to speak to complete the Benghazi puzzle.
The state’s Republican Party chairman says yesterday’s losses are nothing to whine about.
The Rev. Jesse Jackson says his congressman son has checked back into the Mayo Clinic for an evaluation.
President Barack Obama epitomizes the need for a one-term limit for presidents of the United States.
Congressman Joe Walsh receded from controversial comments he made after a debate this week, that abortions are never necessary to save the life of a mother because of medical advances.
Former Congressman Bill Foster is trying to return to the House, but first he has to beat out Republican Congresswoman Judy Biggert, the incumbent in the new 11th District.
The head of the Better Government Association says the continued absence of Congressman Jesse Jackson Jr. is troubling. and certainly not good government.
The heated race between Republican Congresswoman Judy Biggert and Democratic challenger Bill Foster is getting hotter over negative campaigning.
Jackson’s challengers in the 2nd Congressional District are finding it’s hard to hit what you can’t see. CBS 2 Chief Correspondent Jay Levine reports.
The Rev. Jesse Jackson says his son will not be ready to return to Congress in the immediate future.
With the Colorodo movie theater shooting massacre still fresh on the minds of the public and elected officials, U.S. Rep. Mike Quigley (D-Ill.) was urging lawmakers on Tuesday to have a serious discussion about possible new gun control laws.
Rep. Jesse Jackson, Jr. owes his constituents a full explanation of why he hasn’t been on the job this summer.
While questions still swirl around the news that U.S. Rep. Jesse Jackson Jr. is being treated for an unspecified “mood disorder,” Mayor Rahm Emanuel suggested Thursday there shouldn’t be a rush for the congressman to get back to Capitol Hill when Congress isn’t getting any work done anyway.
Tea Party zealots in Congress are obsessed with stripping people of their right and access to affordable care.
Of all the signs leading to a defeat for President Barack Obama in the presidential election of 2012, the most glaring sign is the 8.2% unemployment rate.
Attorney General Eric Holder continued to show contempt of Congress in his remarks following the House vote to hold him “in contempt” for refusing to hand over documents associated with the Fast and Furious operation.
President Obama won big this week with the Supreme Court decisions on Obamacare and immigration. While Mitt Romney and the Tea Party couldn’t have had a worse week.
Better Government Association president Andy Shaw says U.S. Rep. Jesse Jackson (D-Ill.) owes the public more answers than he has provided.
Ald. Sandi Jackson today issued her first public comments regarding the medical leave taken by her husband, U.S. Rep Jesse Jackson.
- Woman Disputes Story Of Chicago Cop Who Shot Her DogTensions are boiling over in the Norwood Park neighborhood on Chicago's Northwest Side where an off-duty Chicago police officer shot and killed a dog, reports WBBM's Nancy Harty.189
- 3 Critically Hurt In Kennedy CrashThree people were critically injured in a crash on the Kennedy Expressway on the Northwest Side Sunday morning.271
- Woman Found Dead At O’HareA woman was found dead near a bus stop at O’Hare International Airport Saturday, authorities said.308
- Toddler Reunited With ParentsPolice on Sunday were looking for the parents or guardians of a little boy who was found in the West Side Douglas Park neighborhood.233
- A Dozen Illinoisans Come Within One Number Of $600M Powerball JackpotOne number in Saturday night’s Powerball drawing was the difference for a dozen Illinois players between being $10,000 richer and living the life of a multi-millionaire.398
- 12 Arrested After Youth ‘Flash Mobs’ Erupt On Michigan AvenueOne adult and 11 juveniles were arrested Saturday night after police responded to groups of teens running through traffic around North Michigan Avenue on the Gold Coast.410
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- OREO Text-In Giveaway May 6, 2013The OREO King Size single serve packs are ideal for on the go snacking and sharing. To celebrate OREO King Size packs, text the keyword “OREO” to 67011 to enter for your chance to win a $250 Visa gift card!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!
- Rivers Casino’s Baseball Fever Giveaway May 1, 2013Get Baseball Fever at Rivers Casino Sundays & Tuesdays in May! You could win great prizes and up to $25,000. Plus print out the WILD CARD that can help you win even more!