A second suspect has been charged in an armed robbery and shooting at a Logan Square store, where the owner and brother-in-law fought off the robbers with a baseball bat, a stool and a fire extinguisher.
Spiderman is a hero in the movies, but he’s turning out to be a bad guy in Chicago.
The shooting death of a 40-year-old man on the West Side was the city’s 500th murder this year, city officials said Friday after initially disagreeing on the tally.
Two Chicago men were arrested Monday after they allegedly robbed an Oak Lawn convenience store and led police through two southwestern suburbs before crashing in Chicago.
An employee at a South Side convenience store was found dead with a gunshot wound to the chest after an apparent robbery Tuesday night, authorities said.
Chicago Police are looking for two suspects who used a not-so-ordinary weapon during a hold-up overnight on the South Side.
Several Chicago pastors want the city to shut down a convenience store in the Auburn-Gresham neighborhood, where six people were shot last week – one of them fatally.
Police have released surveillance video and the 911 tape from an armed robbery that left a female store clerk dead in Merrillville, Ind.
Police are questioning several people in the murder of Chicago Police Officer Clifton Lewis, but there have been no charges and no one is officially in custody.
A customer at a Crestwood convenience store brazenly stole a donation jar set out to benefit a young woman battling cancer. Police hope surveillance tape — and the public — will help catch the culprit.
Chicago police are searching for a man and woman accused of robbing an Uptown convenience store last Tuesday with a handgun.
Less than a year after Wal-Mart won approval of plans to build a 150,000-square-foot supercenter in the Chatham neighborhood, the company also was planning to build a 10,000-square-foot convenience store less than two blocks away.
- Some People You Should Know: The MelodeersIt all began when barbershop patrons started singing while waiting to get their hair cut. A century or so later, the Melodeers chorus is taking the music to a dazzling new height with 140 ladies singing in unaccompanied four-part harmony. CBS 2's Harry Porterfield reports.155
- Mother Of Student Pushed Down School Stairs ‘Enraged’ At Security GuardNew video surfaced Friday that appears to show sophomore Lauren Goodlow being pushed by a male security guard. CBS 2's Dorothy Tucker reports.329
- House Passes Concealed Carry Plan Opposed By Senate LeaderGun owners in the only state still banning concealed weapons would win that right under a plan approved by the Illinois House on Friday, but the governor and other powerful Democrats oppose the plan because it would wipe out local gun ordinances -- including Chicago's ban on assault weapons.220
- Two Shot Near Roosevelt CTA StationAround 11:10 a.m., a 57-year-old man and a 30-year-old man were shot in the 1100 block of South State Street.256
- Store Owner Kidnapped In Pilsen, SUV StolenPolice said the 78-year-old man was closing the store in the 1100 block of West 18th Street when a group of men threw a pillowcase over his head, hit him in the face, and forced him into his own SUV.248
- Man Found Shot To Death In Zion Supermarket Parking LotThe man found shot to death in a parking in north suburban Zion on Thursday afternoon has been identified as a Waukegan resident.152
- Benjamin Moore Which Team Colors Matter Most? May 24, 2013Which Team Colors matter most to you? Either way, you could be a winner! Just sign up now for a chance to win $500 Depot Dollars to the Chicago Sports Depot to pick up some gear with your favorite team colors as they battle it out this week!
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!