Cook County Assessor
Cook County Assessor Joeseph Berrios is rejecting accusations about alleged nepotism in his office.
There wasn’t a whole lot of love to be found in a newspaper Valentine addressed Tuesday to Cook County Assessor Joseph Berrios.
It’s sticker shock in the mail. Tax bills went out to Cook County homeowners this week and the big jump in the amount due to many homeowners has some wondering if they can keep their house.
The Cook County Assessor’s office is mailing out notices to over 300,000 elderly homeowners.
Cook County Assessor Joseph Berrios is laying off 53 workers to comply with County Board President Toni Preckwinkle’s request to slash his budget by 16 percent this year.
The recently-elected new Cook County assessor is being accused of breaking the rules on patronage hiring.
In his first week in office, Cook County Assessor Joseph Berrios already was taking heat from critics after putting his son and his sister on the public payroll at his office.
In his first days as Cook County Assessor, Joe Berrios is already putting his family members on the payroll.
Democrat Joseph Berrios’ victory Tuesday night ended an unusually nasty race for county assessor, against a longtime fellow Democrat who was running as an independent.
By DON BABWIN, Associated Press CHICAGO (AP) – Far down the ballot for Tuesday’s election in Cook County — way past the candidates running for Barack Obama’s old Senate seat and the governor’s job once […]
Pay-to-play is a new charge being leveled in the increasingly nasty race for Cook County Assessor.
For one, it’s relatives on the county payroll. For the other, a failure to vote.
- Rev. Jackson: School Closings UndemocraticOpponents of Chicago school closures are vowing to fight on, but they appear to have little chance of reversing the mayor's agenda... unless a federal judge steps in, reports WBBM's Mike Krauser.90
- Mount Prospect Man Falls To Death From Albany Park RoofA Mount Prospect man fell to his death from a roof in Albany Park Friday afternoon.113
- 3 Dead, 8 Hurt In Shootings Since Friday NightThe most recent fatal shooting happened about 1:50 a.m. Saturday in the Hyde Park community, roughly half a mile from President Barack Obama’s home in neighboring Kenwood.198
- Some People You Should Know: The MelodeersIt all began when barbershop patrons started singing while waiting to get their hair cut. A century or so later, the Melodeers chorus is taking the music to a dazzling new height with 140 ladies singing in unaccompanied four-part harmony. CBS 2's Harry Porterfield reports.155
- Mother Of Student Pushed Down School Stairs ‘Enraged’ At Security GuardNew video surfaced Friday that appears to show sophomore Lauren Goodlow being pushed by a male security guard. CBS 2's Dorothy Tucker reports.329
- House Passes Concealed Carry Plan Opposed By Senate LeaderGun owners in the only state still banning concealed weapons would win that right under a plan approved by the Illinois House on Friday, but the governor and other powerful Democrats oppose the plan because it would wipe out local gun ordinances -- including Chicago's ban on assault weapons.220
- Benjamin Moore Which Team Colors Matter Most? May 24, 2013Which Team Colors matter most to you? Either way, you could be a winner! Just sign up now for a chance to win $500 Depot Dollars to the Chicago Sports Depot to pick up some gear with your favorite team colors as they battle it out this week!
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!