Cook County Sheriff
Cook County Sheriff Tom Dart said Thursday that a former top aide, now serving in the Illinois Senate, will sponsor legislation allowing police to confiscate guns from homes of people who have lost their state permit.
Police are looking for Joseph L. Lopez, who is suspected of beating a woman inside a car in an unincorporated area near Palatine.
Investigators learned Joseph O’Brien is a registered sex offender – classified as a “sexual predator” – who had been staying at a motel near the restaurant and not at his registered address in Maine Township.
The Cook County Sheriff’s office is seeking help in identifying the skeletal remains of a man found four years ago near west suburban Cicero.
For decades, Sherry Marino doubted that her son was one of serial killer John Wayne Gacy’s victims — and on Thursday, DNA tests confirmed the remains she received were not her son, her lawyers told the Chicago Sun-Times.
Cook County Sheriff Tom Dart has made a new request to the State’s Attorney’s office to search the backyard of a Northwest side apartment building in hopes of finding new evidence in the murders of serial killer John Wayne Gacy.
Cook County Sheriff Tom Dart used the friendliest possible tone on Thursday to deliver the harshest possible message to inmates as he welcomed another training program to Cook County jail, this one providing guitar lessons.
Cook County Sheriff’s investigators trying to identify victims of serial killer John Wayne Gacy have solved the unrelated case of a missing man from Peoria, whose body was found on a mountainside in Utah two years ago.
Five former Cook County Jail inmates are suing the Sheriff’s office.Five former Cook County Jail inmates are suing the Sheriff’s office.
A federal jury awarded $1.6 million Tuesday to 21 Cook County sheriff’s employees who claimed they were demoted by Sheriff Tom Dart for supporting his main opponent in the 2006 election.
A man taken into federal custody in Streamwood Friday afternoon allegedly phoned in a bomb threat to an Iowa shopping mall earlier this week.
A man impersonating a dentist may have performed hundreds of procedures on patients before being arrested on Thursday, police said on Friday.
Nearly 150 angry homeowners and renters, many facing foreclosure, jammed a near West Side union hall to demand a moratorium on evictions.
A trial is underway at the Federal Building in a lawsuit against Cook County Sheriff Tom Dart.
A federal lawsuit about to go to trial alleges Cook County Sheriff Tom Dart’s office has retaliated against employees who didn’t support Dart politically.
The possibility that more victims of John Wayne Gacy could be buried on the Northwest Side has prompted the Cook County sheriff to push once again for a dig on private property.
Police say Cedar Park Cemetery in Calumet Park is getting hit hard by thieves looking to cash in on bronze grave markers. CBS 2′s Pamela Jones reports.
A Brookfield man stands accused of neglecting the medical needs of his bedridden wife for years, refusing to even purchase a proper bed or basic first aid products while spending his wife’s disability checks.
Monday was painful for the nurses, doctors and staff who worked with, knew, loved and respected Heidi Roseen. CBS 2′s Dorothy Tucker reports.
With just four days to go before the NATO Summit, protesters have already been making their presence known for three days.
- Rapper Chief Keef Arrested In Georgia Hotel After Staff Smells MarijuanaChicago rapper Chief Keef makes no secret of his fondness for marijuana. The staff at the swanky LeMeridien Atlanta Perimeter hotel doesn’t share that fondness.144
- Florida Man Pleads Guilty In Fatal Stabbing Of Bears FanA Florida man has pleaded guilty to fatally stabbing a Bears fan who traveled to Jacksonville to see the Bears take on the Jaguars in October.619
- Man Critically Hurt In Jump From 3rd Floor Of HospitalA man was critically injured after attempting to jump from the window of a hospital Tuesday in the South Side Englewood neighborhood.201
- History Of Tornadoes In Chicago AreaTwisters with that kind of force that flattened Moore, Okla., have hit the Chicago area in the past, and have been extremely deadly.593
- Local Storm Chaser Describes ‘Sickening, Deafening Roar’ Of Oklahoma TornadoA south suburban man whose hobby is chasing storms was in Moore, Okla., on Monday when a massive tornado devastated the town, killing at least 24 people.224
- High School Duo Has Never Missed A Day Of ClassThey say no one's perfect, but one school in the far southwestern suburbs has not just one, but two students who have achieved perfection in one area.136
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!