Cooler By The Lake
In a 180-degree contrast from Monday, conditions will be bright and beautiful for the rest of the day Tuesday, with sunshine and comfortable temperatures.
Get ready for rain and rain and rain starting Wednesday evening – a pattern that might be annoying, but will help quench the drought that has plagued the area this summer.
The storms that might have woken you up in the wee hours have gone on their way, leaving sunny skies and close to the lake, pleasantly cool temperatures.
The weather will be idyllic by most estimations for the rest of the day Friday, with the sun shining and the air having a September-like feel with highs just in the 70s along the lake.
Most of the Chicago area has finally caught a break from the extreme heat, and even see a rip of thunder and a torrent of rain before the day is through.
Parts of the Chicago area are now considered to be in a severe drought, but at least some rain is expected this weekend.
A pleasant afternoon with a temperate lake breeze is on tap for Tuesday, but the 90s will be back before the week is out.
The triple-digit heat wave is over at last, a breath of outdoor air no longer feels like a breath of Jello, and walking for miles outside is no longer misery-inducing experience.
Conditions will be idyllic as the work week comes to an end, but come the weekend, there is a chance of rain that could come when the Gay Pride Parade is in progress.
Skies are sunny and clear, and temperatures are comfortably cool along the lake, but the Chicago area remains in a state of drought with no immediate rain in sight.
Temperatures will remain cool at the lake for a third day, but it won’t be long before a heat wave sets in.
Temperatures will be sunny, but cool, for the rest of the day Tuesday – and once again, temperatures will not exceed the 60s along the lakefront.
Skies will be dry and temperatures pleasant for the duration of the day Monday, but you might need a spring jacket if you’re walking along the lakefront.
Temperatures will remain cool by the lake on Wednesday, but the mercury will shoot up to the 90s for the entire area once the weekend comes around.
Skies will be sunny and pleasant for the rest of the day Tuesday, but don’t look for it to get too much warmer on the lakefront.
For this NATO Summit weekend, get ready for sweltering temperatures that will feel more like mid-July than mid-May.
Sunny and beautiful conditions will prevail for the rest of the day Thursday, although a chill will be in the air along the lake all day.
Temperatures will rise to the lower 70s in some outlying areas Monday, but will hover in the 50s and 60s along the lake as a breeze keeps conditions cool.
Chicago city residents might need a light jacket later in the day Thursday, but areas farther west will continue to experience summertime temperatures in what is technically still winter.
The skies will be sunny and the temperatures warm and pleasant on Tuesday, but when Wednesday comes around, you might be fooled into thinking it’s June.
- Woman Disputes Story Of Chicago Cop Who Shot Her DogTensions are boiling over in the Norwood Park neighborhood on Chicago's Northwest Side where an off-duty Chicago police officer shot and killed a dog, reports WBBM's Nancy Harty.189
- 3 Critically Hurt In Kennedy CrashThree people were critically injured in a crash on the Kennedy Expressway on the Northwest Side Sunday morning.271
- Woman Found Dead At O’HareA woman was found dead near a bus stop at O’Hare International Airport Saturday, authorities said.308
- Toddler Reunited With ParentsPolice on Sunday were looking for the parents or guardians of a little boy who was found in the West Side Douglas Park neighborhood.233
- A Dozen Illinoisans Come Within One Number Of $600M Powerball JackpotOne number in Saturday night’s Powerball drawing was the difference for a dozen Illinois players between being $10,000 richer and living the life of a multi-millionaire.404
- 12 Arrested After Youth ‘Flash Mobs’ Erupt On Michigan AvenueOne adult and 11 juveniles were arrested Saturday night after police responded to groups of teens running through traffic around North Michigan Avenue on the Gold Coast.410
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!
- Rivers Casino’s Baseball Fever Giveaway May 1, 2013Get Baseball Fever at Rivers Casino Sundays & Tuesdays in May! You could win great prizes and up to $25,000. Plus print out the WILD CARD that can help you win even more!
- Miller Lite ‘Take Me Out To The Ballpark’ Ticket Giveaway April 26, 2013Join The Score this summer at various locations throughout the Chicagoland area for your chance to win one of twenty pairs of tickets to a future White Sox game!