Chicago Ridge police officers carried the tiny casket holding the body of “Jeremiah Michael” was carried in a slow procession into Our Lady of the Ridge Catholic Church.
Workers at a recycling plant in southwest suburban Chicago Ridge found a dead newborn boy inside a cooler on a conveyor belt early Wednesday morning.
Menacing clouds, lightning and heavy rain swept through Chicago just in time for the morning rush Thursday, and more rain may be coming.
The way this summer has been going, the notion of a high in the 70s almost seems fit for November.
This summer, try something other than the annual camping trip. With beautiful rivers flowing through Illinois, Indiana and Wisconsin, a real lazy river adventure is only a couple hours away. Groups of tubes are tied together to keep you and your friends/family connected as you float down the river. Stopping at sand bars and taking swimming breaks makes for some fun along the way…
The temperature has been cut significantly – although it’s still plenty summery. And the clouds will give way to clear skies later in the day.
The temperature has cooled down from the sweltering 90s that have been hanging around since the weekend, but conditions remain bone dry after the rain missed most of the area on Monday.
The Memorial Day weekend with temperatures that would have felt hot even in July is a memory now, as the mercury drops to levels reminiscent of late March Wednesday afternoon.
This spring isn’t over yet, but it has already been one for the weather record-books.
The summerlike March heat wave has come to an end after more than a week with temperatures exceeding 80 degrees, but even the lower temperatures are far in excess of what is typical for March.
“Horrendous” is how one funeral director describes conditions inside the Cook County Medical Examiner’s cooler.
- Three Teens Arrested After Large Fight On Lakefront On South SideThree teens were arrested on Sunday, after police broke up a large fight along the lakefront in the Jackson Park neighborhood.337
- Charred Body Found In Dumpster After Fire ExtinguishedAbout 11:05 p.m. firefighters were called to the 3100 block of North Kimball Avenue in the Avondale neighborhood after receiving a report of a dumpster blaze in a nearby alley.156
- 5 Dead, 18 Wounded In Weekend ViolenceFive people have been killed and at least 18 others wounded — including a 12-year-old boy left in critical condition — in shootings across the city since Friday night.7419
- Woman Disputes Story Of Chicago Cop Who Shot Her DogTensions are boiling over in the Norwood Park neighborhood on Chicago's Northwest Side where an off-duty Chicago police officer shot and killed a dog, reports WBBM's Nancy Harty.189
- 3 Critically Hurt In Kennedy CrashThree people were critically injured in a crash on the Kennedy Expressway on the Northwest Side Sunday morning.271
- Woman Found Dead At O’HareA woman was found dead near a bus stop at O’Hare International Airport Saturday, authorities said.308
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!
- Rivers Casino’s Baseball Fever Giveaway May 1, 2013Get Baseball Fever at Rivers Casino Sundays & Tuesdays in May! You could win great prizes and up to $25,000. Plus print out the WILD CARD that can help you win even more!
- Miller Lite ‘Take Me Out To The Ballpark’ Ticket Giveaway April 26, 2013Join The Score this summer at various locations throughout the Chicagoland area for your chance to win one of twenty pairs of tickets to a future White Sox game!