In what was supposed to be a night off, Blackhawks goaltender Corey Crawford made arguably the play of the day.
After missing two games with a lower-body injury, Blackhawks goaltender Ray Emery is available to play tonight in Vancouver, but he won’t get the start.
Corey Crawford stopped 30 shots and the Chicago Blackhawks got goals from Bryan Bickell and Marian Hossa for a 2-0 win over St. Louis on Sunday, ending Blues goalie Brian Elliott’s shutout streak at three games.
Ray Emery is expected to start his third straight game in net Tuesday night when the Blackhawks face the Wild in Minnesota.
Why have the Blackhawks apparently made a decision on their No. 1 playoff goaltender with a fourth of the season left?
In less than two minutes, the Chicago Blackhawks did all the damage they needed to do. And then they just kept scoring.
Ryan Getzlaf set up Bobby Ryan’s tying goal and Teemu Selanne’s tiebreaker 1:04 apart in the waning minutes, and the Ducks rallied for a 4-2 victory over Chicago in a meeting of the NHL’s top two teams.
The Chicago Blackhawks set a franchise record with their 10th consecutive victory and extended their points streak to 29 games with a 5-3 win against the Minnesota Wild on Tuesday night.
The Chicago Blackhawks have extended their NHL-record, season-opening points streak to 22 games.
Fear not, Blackhawks fans, goaltender Corey Crawford is ready to return to the ice after he exited Thursday’s game in St. Louis after one period.
Chicago Blackhawks goalie Corey Crawford, who just returned from an injury this week, has been removed after the first period against St. Louis.
If the Blackhawks didn’t have the attention of the rest of the league when the season started, they sure have it now, as they’re rolling four lines deep and not slowing down, winning six straight games.
No matter what goalie the Chicago Blackhawks put into their net, they are coming away with win after win.
Marian Hossa, Brent Seabrook and Corey Crawford all practiced Thursday and are optimistic about playing this weekend.
Brent Seabrook will not play when the Blackhawks host the Vancouver Canucks Tuesday night at the United Center.
Viktor Fasth made two stops in the shootout to remain perfect in six starts and the Anaheim Ducks beat the Chicago Blackhawks 3-2 on Tuesday night in a matchup of the top two teams in the Western Conference.
Patrick Kane scored the tiebreaking goal for Chicago on what would have been a San Jose power play and then added an empty-netter to seal the Blackhawks’ 5-3 victory Tuesday night in a matchup of the NHL’s top two teams.
It seemed a near certainty Roberto Luongo had played his final game in a Vancouver Canucks sweater after Cory Schneider supplanted him as the team’s No. 1 goaltender during last season’s playoffs.
Matt Cullen scored 90 seconds into the game and again in a shootout to lift the Minnesota Wild to a 3-2 victory over Chicago on Wednesday, handing the Blackhawks their first loss in seven games this season.
After posting a 5-0 record and a 1.78 goals-against average to start the season, Blackhawks goaltender Corey Crawford earned NHL Second-Star Of The Week honors Monday.
- Weekend Death Toll Rises To 8 After Two Men Die Of Gunshot InjuriesTwo men critically wounded in weekend shootings died Monday, raising the death toll for 2013’s most violent weekend to eight. At least 39 other people were wounded in shootings across the city, authorities said.163
- Mystery Substance Prompts Closure Of Indiana BeachSwimmers have been ordered out of Lake Michigan at Porter Beach because of a substance in the water. WBBM's Nancy Harty has more.216
- Man Dies After His Head Is Impaled On Fence During FightA man was murdered Sunday night by someone who struck him in the head, causing him to become impaled on a wrought iron fence in the South Side Burnside neighborhood.319
- Indiana Woman Who Received Death Sentence At 16 Released From PrisonThe first taste of freedom in 27 years, that's what a 43-year-old woman from Gary, Indiana is enjoying tonight, after going to prison for murder. Roseanne Tellez reports, she has an unlikely supporter as she starts her new life: her victim's grandson.263
- Chief Keef Pleads Guilty To Speeding, Faces Second Paternity SuitChicago rapper Chief Keef was served Monday in a second paternity lawsuit as he appeared in a Cook County courtroom to plead guilty to a speeding violation, the Sun-Times is reporting.257
- Four Contract E Coli After Eating At Lombard RestaurantFour people contracted E. coli after eating at a west suburban restaurant, which has since been closed, DuPage County health officials said.322
- Win $1,000 In Gas From Hyundai! June 17, 2013Enter to win $1,000 in free gas from Hyundai! What’s better than free gas? How about the 2013 Sonata Hybrid Limited with an EPA-Estimated 38 MPG Highway! 28 City/38 Hwy. EPA Estimates. For comparison only. Actual mileage may vary.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!