At last report from his attorneys, Blagojevich was about to begin working in the prison library last November, after starting out washing dishes like any other new inmate.
A Cook County Circuit Court employee has been charged with stealing $3,500 in traffic ticket payments, the fourth clerk’s office employee to face criminal charges this year, prosecutors announced Tuesday.
A political insider who became one of the government’s key witnesses in the corruption investigation of former Gov. Rod Blagojevich’s administration was sentenced Thursday to 5 1/2 years in prison.
A campaign worker for former state Sen. Rickey Hendon is among the seven people arrested on federal bribery charges.
Ousted Gov. Rod Blagojevich was sentenced to 14 years in prison on Wednesday, after apologizing for making “terrible mistakes,” capping a nearly three-year saga for Illinois.
After being dealt an early setback from the judge hearing his case, defense attorneys for former Gov. Rod Blagojevich made an impassioned plea for mercy at his sentencing hearing, drawing on his family’s own words about the devastating impact a long sentence would have on them.
One day before Rod Blagojevich’s sentencing hearing was set to begin, federal prosecutors reasserted that the former governor has never accepted responsibility for his crimes and urged the judge to reject Blagojevich’s push for leniency.
It’s a quiet weekend for convicted ex-governor Rod Blagojevich and his family, just days before his sentencing hearing.
Federal prosecutors intend to ask a federal judge to sentence former Illinois Gov. Rod Blagojevich to a 15- to 20-year prison term. But defense attorneys are seeking a much lighter sentence, arguing Blagojevich never profited from the crimes on which he was convicted and caused no public harm.
Former Gov. Rod Blagojevich is asking to play wiretap recordings that were previously placed under seal when he’s sentenced next month.
Former Gov. Rod Blagojevich’s sentencing hearing has been scheduled for next month.
An attorney for an Illinois powerbroker on trial in the last case directly linked to a federal investigation of Rod Blagojevich sought in his opening statement Thursday to distance his client from the disgraced former governor.
For the first time since revealing that they are trying to sell their home, former Gov. Rod Blagojevich and his wife, Patti, have publicly listed their Ravenswood home for sale at $1.07 million.
Sentencing has been delayed again for convicted political fixer Antoin “Tony” Rezko, a former fundraiser for ousted Illinois Gov. Rod Blagojevich.
Prosecutors are apparently looking to throw the book at convicted former Gov. Rod Blagojevich – they are estimating that he could get 30 years to life in prison.
Rod Blagojevich’s defense team appears to have taken its first steps toward filing an appeal of his conviction on 17 corruption counts last month.
It took two tries, but federal prosecutors got the victory they were looking for when a federal jury convicted former Gov. Rod Blagojevich of several corruption charges on Monday.
A verdict has been reached on all but two counts in the re-trial of deposed Gov. Rod Blagojevich.
The ninth day of deliberations is underway for jurors deciding the fate of deposed Gov. Rod Blagojevich.
The jury in Rod Blagojevich’s corruption retrial wrapped up its 8th day of deliberations on Wednesday without reaching a verdict.
- Students Disciplined For ‘Sexting’ Incident At Evanston Township HighIn a letter to parents dated Thursday, District 202 Supt. Eric Witherspoon wrote that girls sent inappropriate photos to members of the varsity baseball team.265
- Cops Crack Down On Retailers Who Sell Stolen GoodsA new law in Illinois is allowing police and retailers to work together to crack down on organized retail theft. CBS 2's Mike Puccinelli reports.117
- Jury Sides With Donald Trump In Condo Dispute With Woman, 87A federal jury has sided with developer Donald Trump -- not the 87-year-old woman who says she was cheated financially after buying two condominiums at his Trump Tower project.1056
- VIDEO: Guard Allegedly Pushes Dunbar Student Down StairsAn employee at a public high school in the Bronzeville neighborhood has been taken off the job after being recorded on cell phone video pushing a girl down a set of stairs.408
- Concealed Carry Bill Moves To House Floor, But Senate ObjectsA concealed-carry gun deal brokered by House Speaker Michael Madigan cleared a House committee Thursday, but its prospects were unclear across the Capitol in the Senate because of the way it would curb existing local gun laws.165
- Four Hurt In Wrong-Way Crash On Chicago SkywayA 25-year-old man has been cited for driving the wrong way on the Chicago Skyway, after a head-on crash with a pickup truck Thursday morning that sent four people to hospitals.232
- Benjamin Moore Which Team Colors Matter Most? May 24, 2013Which Team Colors matter most to you? Either way, you could be a winner! Just sign up now for a chance to win $500 Depot Dollars to the Chicago Sports Depot to pick up some gear with your favorite team colors as they battle it out this week!
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- RT @Millennium_Park: Tomorrow morning see a LIVE preview of Dinosaur Petting Zoo on CBS 2 from Millennium Park @CBS2Chicago @VinceGerasole … 9 hours ago
- RT @ChicagoDCASE: Tomorrow morning see a LIVE preview of Dinosaur Petting Zoo on CBS 2 from Millennium Park @CBS2Chicago @VinceGerasole htt… 9 hours ago