No matter how you feel about the Cubs, Opening Day at Wrigley Field is special. Even though the Cubs lost to the Nationals, Thursday was no exception.
A new patio deck and overall look to the revamped right-field bleachers at Wrigley Field should be the most dramatic aesthetic change to the ballpark’s interior in years when it’s unveiled for the home opener April 5.
The Cubs are working on a contract extension for embattled President of Business Operations Crane Kenney, Tom Ricketts said Tuesday.
Thanks to a once-thought-impossible confluence of circumstances — Boston’s historic collapse, an opening at Clark and Addison, and one man’s desire to leave the nurturing nest of his home city and spread his wings — Theo Epstein is reportedly ready to be the Cubs’ top baseball executive for five years and many millions.
The reports of paranormal activity in the Cubs’ offices began last month. The sightings were frequent, and the stories shared similar, telltale characteristics.
Considering NU’s recent behavior under Phillips’ purple reign, his paintbrush is still threatening to make Chicago go blind.
It has to be over for the current regime. Not just double-checked, monitored and supervised, but over.
The news was stunning, if not surprising, this morning when I woke up, turned on the TV and learned from the crawl on the screen that Ron Santo had passed away at 70 after a lifetime of health issues.
Larry Rothschild has accepted a three year contract with the New York Yankees to serve as the team’s pitching coach.
Tom Ricketts and the Chicago Cubs would like to renovate Wrigley Field, but how will they get the money to make this park more suitable for the players and fans for years to come?
- Two Charged With River North BurglariesTwo people have been charged with burglary in connection with a spate of robberies this month in the River North neighborhood.98
- Portage Theater Closed For NowThe 93-year-old landmark theater at 4050 N. Milwaukee Ave. was shut down on Friday after Ald. John Arena (45th) blocked Carranza’s application for a liquor license, according to Carranza.90
- Man Shot And Killed Inside Hyde Park HomeA murder in Hyde Park, just blocks away from President Barack Obama's home.213
- Noise From Music Fest At Chicagoland Speedway Has Neighbors Up In ArmsMost of the complaints seem to be coming from the east of the Chicagoland Speedway in new Lenox, Frankfort and Mokena as grandstands protect the other three sides.127
- Roseland Hospital Cuts Staff, Salaries To Keep Doors OpenAs it waits to hear if it’ll receive a $7 million bailout to stay open, Roseland Community Hospital laid off almost 70 employees, and other hospital employees will take a pay cut.89
- Rev. Jackson: School Closings UndemocraticOpponents of Chicago school closures are vowing to fight on, but they appear to have little chance of reversing the mayor's agenda... unless a federal judge steps in, reports WBBM's Mike Krauser.90
- Benjamin Moore Which Team Colors Matter Most? May 24, 2013Which Team Colors matter most to you? Either way, you could be a winner! Just sign up now for a chance to win $500 Depot Dollars to the Chicago Sports Depot to pick up some gear with your favorite team colors as they battle it out this week!
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!