The former Crestwood water department head accused of lying to investigators about the village’s use of tainted well water in its drinking supply has been found guilty of the federal charges.
A prosecutor told jurors before they began deliberations Friday that a one-time suburban Chicago water official lied about drawing village water from a well tainted with a cancer-causing chemical, while her attorney declared her a scapegoat of an inner circle of powerful men.
Underway at this hour, jury selection in the case of contaminated water in far south suburban Crestwood, reports WBBM’s John Cody.
Crestwood’s former certified water operator pleaded guilty Thursday to federal charges that he lied to regulators about mixing water from a tainted well with the village water supply.
Jim Sylvester, 21, had gone missing March 28. He was distraught over a relationship breakup and had contacted friends and said, “Tell everyone I’m sorry,” according to police.
A relative of James Sylvester says he was last seen at home Wednesday night. A friend later told the family he received an “alarming” message from Sylvester.
Three suspects are wanted for abducting a 69 year-old and terrorizing her. Police say the men grabbed the woman shortly after she left a fast food restaurant in the southwest suburbs.
About 3,000 children who live in suburban Cook County got free coats on Thursday.
While Americans are celebrating Independence Day tomorrow, one Crestwood family will have even more to celebrate – the safe homecoming of a soldier who had been serving in Afghanistan.
Two south suburban Crestwood officials indicted on federal charges in the village’s tainted drinking water scandal will be going to trial in August, according to a recent U.S. District Court filing.
A Palos Hills man has been charged with stealing a donation jar intended for a cancer patient, after he turned himself in.
A customer at a Crestwood convenience store brazenly stole a donation jar set out to benefit a young woman battling cancer. Police hope surveillance tape — and the public — will help catch the culprit.
After spending days on the run, two more suspects are in custody in connection with an armed robbery in the south suburbs.
Four people were seriously injured in a five-vehicle crash in south suburban Crestwood Wednesday evening, fire officials said.
The Alpha School Bus Co. said Friday it has fired the bus driver who left a special-needs student on a bus in south suburban Crestwood for five hours earlier this week.
The police chief of Crestwood has been temporarily relieved her job after pleading not guilty to a water quality charge in federal court.
Two officials in south suburban Crestwood have been indicted by federal prosecutors, on charges that they lied for more than 20 years about using well water to supplement the supply the town receives from Lake Michigan.
A missing mother and her three daughters have been found safe in downstate Illinois, after disappearing for five days.
The search is expanding for three young children from Crestwood who could be in danger.
Authorities have asked for public’s help in finding a 42-year-old Crestwood mother and her three young daughters.
- 3 Dead, 8 Hurt In Shootings Since Friday NightThe most recent fatal shooting happened about 1:50 a.m. Saturday in the Hyde Park community, roughly half a mile from President Barack Obama’s home in neighboring Kenwood.108
- Some People You Should Know: The MelodeersIt all began when barbershop patrons started singing while waiting to get their hair cut. A century or so later, the Melodeers chorus is taking the music to a dazzling new height with 140 ladies singing in unaccompanied four-part harmony. CBS 2's Harry Porterfield reports.155
- Mother Of Student Pushed Down School Stairs ‘Enraged’ At Security GuardNew video surfaced Friday that appears to show sophomore Lauren Goodlow being pushed by a male security guard. CBS 2's Dorothy Tucker reports.329
- House Passes Concealed Carry Plan Opposed By Senate LeaderGun owners in the only state still banning concealed weapons would win that right under a plan approved by the Illinois House on Friday, but the governor and other powerful Democrats oppose the plan because it would wipe out local gun ordinances -- including Chicago's ban on assault weapons.220
- Two Shot Near Roosevelt CTA StationAround 11:10 a.m., a 57-year-old man and a 30-year-old man were shot in the 1100 block of South State Street.256
- Store Owner Kidnapped In Pilsen, SUV StolenPolice said the 78-year-old man was closing the store in the 1100 block of West 18th Street when a group of men threw a pillowcase over his head, hit him in the face, and forced him into his own SUV.248
- Benjamin Moore Which Team Colors Matter Most? May 24, 2013Which Team Colors matter most to you? Either way, you could be a winner! Just sign up now for a chance to win $500 Depot Dollars to the Chicago Sports Depot to pick up some gear with your favorite team colors as they battle it out this week!
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!