The 2 Investigators reviewed hundreds of CTA security bulletins from the last 2 ½ years. CBS 2′s Dave Savini reports.
Mayor Rahm Emanuel and Police Supt. Garry McCarthy said Thursday that a recent move to step up foot patrols in some of the most violence-prone neighborhoods is paying off.
Chicago should adopt a New York-style, zero-tolerance approach to criminal offenses such as drinking and urinating in public and illegal gambling, Police Supt. Garry McCarthy says.
Mayor Rahm Emanuel said Monday he has full confidence in Police Supt. Garry McCarthy, even in the face of criticisms from some Chicago aldermen about violent crime.
Two people were killed and at least four other people were wounded in weekend shootings across the city, police said.
Police Supt. Garry McCarthy said incidents in two neighborhoods on the same night this week showed police have the right strategy in reducing the number of 911 calls that officers respond to in person.
CBS 2’s Marissa Bailey talks with the husband and sister of Jennifer Bishop, one of five women fatally shot at a clothing store in Tinley Park on Feb. 2, 2008.
Tourism officials are keeping an eye on the headlines but say the city’s homicide rate doesn’t seem to be keeping visitors away.
A new crime-fighting tool in Cook County might soon be in the palm of your hand.
Good news on the crime front in Illinois’ second largest city. There were zero murders in Aurora in 2012. That hasn’t happened since 1946.
Ald. James Cappelman (46th) has introduced an ordinance that would significantly increase the penalties for feeding pigeons – making it a crime punishable by up to six months in jail and a fine of up to $1,000.
Mayor Rahm Emanuel responded gently on Monday to criticisms of his crime-fighting strategy leveled at him last week by Cook County Board President Toni Preckwinkle.
12 people have been wounded in weekend gun violence, including a man who was shot in the back after committing a robbery.
Three men were wounded, none seriously, in two shootings in Humboldt Park and Lawndale overnight.
Mayor Rahm Emanuel says Chicago police are making strong moves to confront continuing city violence—which has included violent attacks at funerals.
A man was shot and killed in a gang-related attack late Friday in Englewood.
Five of those killed were fatally shot, while a sixth was stabbed to death, authorities said.
A new study concludes that Gary, Ind., is the most under-policed city in the country.
A 41-year-old man was shot while driving an SUV in the Northwest Side Belmont Craigin neighborhood early Tuesday.
CTA officials say their system of more than 17,000 cameras is dramatically reducing crime on the system.
- Woman Disputes Story Of Chicago Cop Who Shot Her DogTensions are boiling over in the Norwood Park neighborhood on Chicago's Northwest Side where an off-duty Chicago police officer shot and killed a dog, reports WBBM's Nancy Harty.189
- 3 Critically Hurt In Kennedy CrashThree people were critically injured in a crash on the Kennedy Expressway on the Northwest Side Sunday morning.271
- Woman Found Dead At O’HareA woman was found dead near a bus stop at O’Hare International Airport Saturday, authorities said.308
- Toddler Reunited With ParentsPolice on Sunday were looking for the parents or guardians of a little boy who was found in the West Side Douglas Park neighborhood.233
- A Dozen Illinoisans Come Within One Number Of $600M Powerball JackpotOne number in Saturday night’s Powerball drawing was the difference for a dozen Illinois players between being $10,000 richer and living the life of a multi-millionaire.389
- 12 Arrested After Youth ‘Flash Mobs’ Erupt On Michigan AvenueOne adult and 11 juveniles were arrested Saturday night after police responded to groups of teens running through traffic around North Michigan Avenue on the Gold Coast.410
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- OREO Text-In Giveaway May 6, 2013The OREO King Size single serve packs are ideal for on the go snacking and sharing. To celebrate OREO King Size packs, text the keyword “OREO” to 67011 to enter for your chance to win a $250 Visa gift card!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!
- Rivers Casino’s Baseball Fever Giveaway May 1, 2013Get Baseball Fever at Rivers Casino Sundays & Tuesdays in May! You could win great prizes and up to $25,000. Plus print out the WILD CARD that can help you win even more!