Four people are dead and two in critical condition from traffic crashes throughout the city and suburbs this weekend. All but one of the victims were pedestrians struck by vehicles.
An 81-year-old Evanston man is dead, after he was hit by a CTA bus while riding his bike earlier this week.
Nine people including a child were hurt during a collision involved three cars and a CTA bus Sunday morning on the Northwest Side, according to the fire department.
More serious charges have been lodged against a man who allegedly yelled a profanity targeting Mayor Richard M. Daley as he was leaving City Hall for the last time Friday, May 13, police said.
Eleven people were injured Saturday when a CTA bus struck a viaduct in the Altgeld Gardens neighborhood on the South Side.
A CTA bus was hit by a car, which also hit a light pole, on Belmont Avenue in the Avondale neighborhood this morning.
A dog described as a pit bull caused a brief ruckus when it ran onto a CTA bus Sunday morning on the South Side.
Five people, including three children, were hospitalized Wednesday evening from a CTA bus crash on Lake Shore Drive.
A child found alone on a CTA bus on the South Side was reunited with family members Wednesday evening.
A bicyclist was seriously injured after striking a car door, then falling into the path of a CTA bus Friday afternoon in the North Side Lincoln Park neighborhood.
- BREAKING: Jury Sides With Donald Trump In Condo Dispute With WomanA federal jury has sided with developer Donald Trump -- not the 87-year-old woman who says she was cheated financially after buying two condominiums at his Trump Tower project.1056
- Employee At Dunbar High Suspended After Pushing Student Down StairsAn employee at a public high school in the Bronzeville neighborhood has been taken off the job after being recorded on cell phone video pushing a girl down a set of stairs.408
- Concealed Carry Bill Moves To House Floor, But Senate ObjectsA concealed-carry gun deal brokered by House Speaker Michael Madigan cleared a House committee Thursday, but its prospects were unclear across the Capitol in the Senate because of the way it would curb existing local gun laws.165
- Four Hurt In Wrong-Way Crash On Chicago SkywayA 25-year-old man has been cited for driving the wrong way on the Chicago Skyway, after a head-on crash with a pickup truck Thursday morning that sent four people to hospitals.232
- Student Pulled Over And Robbed By Phony Police OfficerA man driving an unmarked white Ford Crown Victoria with interior flashing red and blue lights pulled the student over near Ballard and Bender roads in Des Plaines as she was driving to school around 7:30 a.m. on May 20.340
- Census Data: Chicago Slowest Growing Big City In U.S.Chicago gained nearly 10,000 people from July 2011 to July 2012, but was the slowest-growing major city in the country according to U.S. Census Bureau estimates released Thursday.130
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!