38,000 CTA riders are getting ready for a commute shake-up Monday
CTA’s Purple Line has seemingly become one big slow zone. It’s about to become a construction zone,
A big commuter headache returns tonight, with the closure of the Wells Street bridge.
An unidentified man was found dead outside a CTA bus barn on the South Side.
The second phase of reconstruction of the Wells Street Bridge begins Friday night.
A 16-mile stretch of Ashland Avenue will be the city’s first target for bus rapid transit, with a plan for high-speed buses from 95th Street to Irving Park Road announced Friday at a cost of about $10 million per mile.
The Chicago Police Bomb and Arson determined early Friday that a “suspicious” package left at a North Side CTA station was not, in fact, a threat.
Flooding has caused the CTA to reroute several buses.
A man who reportedly threatened to blow up a Blue Line CTA train was detained briefly on Tuesday morning.
Red Line trains were rerouted Monday afternoon because of a small rubbish fire in a Loop subway, but normal service resumed prior to the evening rush.
The countdown is on: In just about a month, the CTA will begin the Red Line reconstruction project.
Eight people were taken to hospitals after an accident involving a CTA bus and two cars at Chicago and Pulaski this morning, reports WBBM’s Steve Miller.
A teen was sentenced to 32 years in prison Friday after admitting he pushed a woman to her death on a CTA staircase after stealing another commuter’s iPhone, the Sun-Times is reporting.
The CTA says it plans to upgrade its wireless network so passengers can use their cell phones even in its subways and going through tunnels.
Preparation for spring construction on the CTA’s Red Line will lead to the shutdown of weekend service on the Ashland/63rd branch of the Green Line for three consecutive weekends beginning at 10 p.m. Friday.
Charges were pending Tuesday morning against a 33-year-old man who suspected of stabbing another man during an altercation at a CTA Red Line station on the Near North Side Monday night.
An intoxicated man died after falling down the stairs at a North Side CTA station early Tuesday.
Cameron Griggs, 19, allegedly was with four other males who attacked two females and a male on a Red Line train at 15 W. 69th St.
One man was beaten to death at a CTA station, a 16-year-old boy was fatally shot and at least 15 other people were wounded in separate acts of violence across the city this weekend.
A man died Saturday after he got into a fight with another man on a South Side CTA Green Line station platform.
- State Discontinues Healthcare Funding For Disabled Stroke VictimUnconscionable. That's what a doctor calls a state decision to cut care funding for a patient.311
- Teen Says He Got E. Coli From Burrito At Lombard RestaurantA local teen says he got sick because of a burrito he ate from a local restaurant that's now the focus of an e coli outbreak.158
- Natura Pet Issues New Dog And Cat Food RecallNebraska-based Natura Pet Products has announced a new voluntary recall of multiple brands of dry pet food and treats. The decision comes after a positive test for Salmonella on April 3.7491
- Bakery Blunder Makes ‘Cat Cake’ A Viral SensationOf all the cat memes on the Internet, this one takes the cake.900
- Search Dog Tracks Missing Student To LakefrontVolunteers, friends and family were out in force Tuesday morning, resuming the search for a missing University of Chicago student.586
- Initial Tests ID Glittery Substance Along BeachIndiana environmental officials were investigating whether a Porter County manufacturer was responsible for a slick of glittery material that kept many swimmers out of Porter Beach on Monday.1095
- Win $1,000 In Gas From Hyundai! June 17, 2013Enter to win $1,000 in free gas from Hyundai! What’s better than free gas? How about the 2013 Elantra Limited with an EPA-Estimated 38 MPG Highway! 28 City/38 Hwy. EPA Estimates. For comparison only. Actual mileage may vary.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!