CHAMPAIGN, Ill. (AP) — Illinois coach Bruce Weber has sought meaningful minutes for his mostly inexperienced bench, and he finally got his wish in Sunday’s 90-43 win over Chicago State. Illinois (6-0) jumped to a […]
Meyers Leonard had a double-double with 22 points and 12 rebounds as Illinois defeated Richmond 70-61 on Tuesday night in the Cancun Challenge.
Northwestern didn’t have a chance when they took the court against Illinois. The Fighting Illini took a 23 point lead at the half. The Wildcats put up a second half fight, but were too far behind for a comeback.
Merry Christmas, Illini Nation. Bah, humbug. For Illinois basketball fans, there are few – if any – things worse than losing to Missouri in the annual Braggin’ Rights battle.
Illinois made the first half look easy against Northern Colorado, leading to their seventh straight win this season. Northern Colorado made a strong push during the second half, but Illini held on to an 86-76 victory.
Illinois was behind by mere four points leading into the second half. Determined to win, Illinois more than doubled the points scored in the second half from the first to guarantee the win.
Illinois out-shot the Bulldogs in both halves of the game Saturday, launching a barrage of three-pointers for the 73-61 victory.
Illinois is off to a great start winning their third straight game since the season opened. They defeated Southern Illinois 85-63.
Illinois coach Bruce Weber’s seniors answered his call Wednesday night when No. 13 Illinois beat Toledo 84-45 in the second round of the 2K Sports Classic.
Illinois is returning all five starters from last year’s team. Tonight, they start their season with UC Irivine as part of the 2K Sports Classic and with high hopes for championship run.
By David Schuster– It was just three years ago that Bruce Weber was being called an “incompetent” recruiter and a fisherman who couldn’t land the big one. The media and local boosters at Illinois were […]
CHAMPAIGN, Ill. (AP) Demetri McCamey is considered one of the best college basketball players in the country. The Illinois senior point guard is a finalist for the Wooden Award. He had more than 250 assists […]
- Two Charged With River North BurglariesTwo people have been charged with burglary in connection with a spate of robberies this month in the River North neighborhood.98
- Portage Theater Closed For NowThe 93-year-old landmark theater at 4050 N. Milwaukee Ave. was shut down on Friday after Ald. John Arena (45th) blocked Carranza’s application for a liquor license, according to Carranza.90
- Man Shot And Killed Inside Hyde Park HomeA murder in Hyde Park, just blocks away from President Barack Obama's home.213
- Noise From Music Fest At Chicagoland Speedway Has Neighbors Up In ArmsMost of the complaints seem to be coming from the east of the Chicagoland Speedway in new Lenox, Frankfort and Mokena as grandstands protect the other three sides.127
- Roseland Hospital Cuts Staff, Salaries To Keep Doors OpenAs it waits to hear if it’ll receive a $7 million bailout to stay open, Roseland Community Hospital laid off almost 70 employees, and other hospital employees will take a pay cut.89
- Rev. Jackson: School Closings UndemocraticOpponents of Chicago school closures are vowing to fight on, but they appear to have little chance of reversing the mayor's agenda... unless a federal judge steps in, reports WBBM's Mike Krauser.90
- Benjamin Moore Which Team Colors Matter Most? May 24, 2013Which Team Colors matter most to you? Either way, you could be a winner! Just sign up now for a chance to win $500 Depot Dollars to the Chicago Sports Depot to pick up some gear with your favorite team colors as they battle it out this week!
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!