Jonathan Toews had two goals, rookies Andrew Shaw and Jimmy Hayes also scored, and the Chicago Blackhawks handed the Buffalo Sabres their 10th straight road loss, 6-2 on Wednesday night.
The Blackhawks haven’t played the Canucks in nearly a month and they won’t face them until Jan. 31, but that doesn’t mean the rivalry isn’t as hot as ever.
Don’t miss Hockey Night this Friday with The Score’s Jay Zawaski and Blackhawks center Dave Bolland.
Daniel Carcillo will return to the lineup Tuesday night when the Blackhawks take on the Phoenix Coyotes Tuesday night at the United Center.
Blackhawks center Dave Bolland will join The Score’s Jay Zawaski as the two break down the season so far.
Antti Niemi made 34 saves against his former team for his first shutout of the season and Jason Demers broke a scoreless tie late in the second period with his first goal to lead the San Jose Sharks to a 1-0 victory over the Chicago Blackhawks on Wednesday night.
The Edmonton Oilers didn’t just break their four-game losing streak, they smashed it to pieces. Taylor Hall had a hat trick, Jordan Eberle had a goal and three assists, and rookie Ryan Nugent-Hopkins set up five goals for the Oilers, who ended their skid in a big way with a 9-2 rout of the Chicago Blackhawks on Saturday night.
Blackhawks head coach Joel Quenneville told reporters Thursday that Dave Bolland will not play tonight in Columbus.
Dave Bolland scored one third-period goal and had an assist on the other to help the Chicago Blackhawks pull away to a 5-2 victory over the Phoenix Coyotes on Tuesday night.
The Blackhawks recalled forward Brandon Pirri from Rockford Thursday, putting Dave Bolland’s status for the Friday’s opener in doubt.
Patrick Sharp is expected to return to practice Friday after missing all of training camp so far with an appendectomy.
Patrick Sharp’s appendectomy is certainly a setback, but the Blackhawks are happy it didn’t happen during the season and all signs point to him being ready right around the start of the regular season.
Heated playoff series between the Blackhawks and Canucks over the last three seasons have given way to an increasingly intense rivalry, which makes it tough for the Blackhawks’ Dave Bolland to watch the Stanley Cup Finals.
Faced with a decisive Game 7 on Tuesday night and the possibility of becoming just the fourth team in NHL history to lose a series after winning the first three games, Vancouver GM Mike Gillis claimed the calls have been one-sided.
When Ben Smith netted the game winner 15:30 into the overtime of Game 6 between the Canucks and Blackhawks, it ended one epic chapter only to open up another.
Despite still facing elimination in the first round of the Stanley Cup Playoffs, there seems to be more optimism surrounding the Chicago Blackhawks going into Game 5 than there was before Game 4.
After a 5-goal win in Game 4, the Chicago Blackhawks have given themselves a chance to make a historical comeback.
Not to get all biblical or anything, but Dave Bolland breathed life into the Blackhawks Tuesday night. In his first game back from a concussion, Bolland posted a goal and three assists in the Hawks 7-2 win over the Vancouver Canucks.
If it wasn’t clear before, Dave Bolland’s importance to the Chicago Blackhawks is now very obvious.
The Blackhawks received some good news and some bad news on Tuesday. The good news is that center Dave Bolland will return to the lineup. The bad news is that defenseman Brent Seabrook won’t play in game four.
- Body Found In Lake Is Missing U Of C StudentAuthorities have confirmed the body found in Lake Michigan early Wednesday belonged to a University of Chicago student who has been missing for a week.667
- Lewis Points Finger At ‘Rich White People’ For School ProblemsA day before the first set of school closings was set to begin, Chicago Teachers Union President Karen Lewis had some harsh words about how the Chicago Public Schools are funded and managed, blaming much of the district’s problems on racism.5989
- Man Shot To Death In South Suburban HomewoodNineteen-year-old Homewood resident Henry Kormoi died from at least one gunshot wound he suffered near home in the 1100 block of 187th Street.112
- State Discontinues Healthcare Funding For Disabled Stroke VictimUnconscionable. That's what a doctor calls a state decision to cut care funding for a patient.311
- Teen Says He Got E. Coli From Burrito At Lombard RestaurantA local teen says he got sick because of a burrito he ate from a local restaurant that's now the focus of an e coli outbreak.158
- Natura Pet Issues New Dog And Cat Food RecallNebraska-based Natura Pet Products has announced a new voluntary recall of multiple brands of dry pet food and treats. The decision comes after a positive test for Salmonella on April 3.7491
- Win $1,000 In Gas From Hyundai! June 17, 2013Enter to win $1,000 in free gas from Hyundai! What’s better than free gas? How about the 2013 Elantra Limited with an EPA-Estimated 38 MPG Highway! 28 City/38 Hwy. EPA Estimates. For comparison only. Actual mileage may vary.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!