A total of $500,000 in federal grant money will allow a program to combat human trafficking to continue in Cook County.
An alleged plot to bomb a downtown Chicago bar apparently has been foiled, and a young man has been arrested, in a FBI undercover operation.
A Winnetka village trustee was charged with driving under the influence of alcohol after she was pulled over for a traffic stop in Skokie early this past Thursday morning.
Glenview police have completed a two-month investigation into the June 15 drowning death of a 4-year-old boy in a park district pool.
The Illinois Department of Transportation has announced the opening of its Labor Day effort called, “Drive Sober or Get Pulled over.”
Mayor Rahm Emanuel has announced Chicago is building more than 30 miles of new bicycle lanes this year.
As if their life were not difficult enough, the Stapleton family of Aurora came home to find their house looted – allegedly by people they thought were their friends.
Wedding expos are a huge industry as couples try to make for the perfect day to remember for a lifetime, but in Naperville next month, an expo specially geared toward marriages that don’t work out is coming.
Des Plaines Mayor Marty Moylan has a suggestion for the next Olympics in 2014 –have Hart, Schaffner & Marx make those uniforms at its Des Plaines factory.
Falling property values mean falling tax revenues in Chicago.
A woman charged with animal cruelty and neglect goes on trial in Markham Monday.
This summer’s drought is really hurting some farmers in Indiana.
A woman is going to spend four years in prison for embezzling her employer in Algonquin.
The Chicago City Council appointed its first internal watchdog just seven months ago, and he says he’s busy, but he’s out of money.
Police have issued a community alert for the Little Village neighborhood in the wake of a rash of robberies.
The criticism of Illinois House Speaker Michael Madigan (D-Chicago) by Republicans is on the rise.
Before adjourning the spring session and leaving Springfield last week, Illinois lawmakers sent Gov. Quinn a bill that would require the state to reveal the details publicly on corporate tax breaks.
Indiana’s school voucher program has finished its first year, and state officials say it is a true success story.
A West Side man has been charged after he allegedly hijacked a sports-utility vehicle at gun-point on his way to prom with his girlfriend.
Getting into selective-enrollment public high schools in Chicago is difficult, but it may get a little easier next year.
- Former Glenbard East Student Charged With Planning Violence At SchoolIn November, Michael Santoro allegedly made plans of a violent nature against the school, but the alleged plans remained unknown an acquaintance reported the threat to police two weeks ago, after learning about the plans in February.306
- Woman Robs North Side BankA woman robbed a Lakeview bank Tuesday afternoon on the city’s North Side.262
- Four Schools To Be Spared From Closing; Another To Be DelayedHours before a final vote by the Chicago Board of Education, Chicago Public Schools officials have agreed to back off of plans to close four of the 53 elementary schools targeted for closing at the end of the school year, Board Vice President Jesse Ruiz confirmed Wednesday morning.415
- Boy, 17, Fatally Shot In Back Of The YardsA teenage boy was fatally shot in the South Side Back of the Yards neighborhood Tuesday evening, police said.147
- Police: Man Killed In Jump From Gold Coast BuildingA man jumped to his death early Tuesday from the Gold Coast high-rise building where he lived, authorities said.322
- Police: Man Touches Woman’s Leg At South Loop CTA StationPolice are looking for man who inappropriately touched a woman at a South Loop CTA station Tuesday morning.147
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!