An autopsy was scheduled for Friday on a 57-year-old construction worker from Indiana, who died in an accident on the Evanston campus of Northwestern University.
A Chicago man onboard a spirit airlines flight from Las Vegas to Chicago this past Monday died and 2 investigator Pam Zekman has learned there are questions about emergency training for staff and medical equipment on board that plane.
Christopher Allen, of the 3500 block of West Jackson Boulevard, was taken to Resurrection Medical Center after he was found unresponsive aboard the the Spirit Airlines flight.
The longtime critic, who celebrated his 46th year with the Sun-Times this week, had been beset with a series of illnesses in recent years, including cancer of the salivary glands.
For the second time in just more than a year, a person was found dead at the bottom of a trash chute at a Gold Coast high-rise building.
The girl, Gina Pressley, died from head trauma, according to the Cook County Medical Examiner’s office. Her death was ruled a homicide.
A man was found dead inside a mobile home in north suburban Antioch late Friday morning, more than four hours after he barricaded himself inside, in apparent connection to the death of a woman outside the home.
A 17-year-old Zion man has been charged with the murder and a woman charged with endangering the life of a child for the death of their 5-month-old child.
On Dec. 22, 2012, police responded about 3:15 a.m. to the 7200 block of South Bennett Avenue and found Steven Cannon unconscious.
Genevieve Klimczak’s body was found just outside a door of the McHenry Villa retirement center, after a night of 7-degree weather.
Welcome to Jukebox Jury, our new music debate show where experts face off and a jury of fans decides the winner. THE CASE: When our musical idols passed away in generations past, they left behind […]
The death of a 2-year-old South Side girl has been ruled a homicide, due to multiple injuries from a beating, according to the Cook County Medical Examiner’s office.
Christian Choate was confined in a dog cage, beaten and fed minimal amounts of food.
Former Notre Dame star Mirko Jurkovic has died, following a two-year battle with colon cancer, the Chicago Tribune reported.
A man died Saturday after being shot in the West Town neighborhood on the North Side.
A Chicago policeman who’d been with the department for 30 years was found dead in the lobby of his South Loop apartment building Sunday night.
A teenager died two days after he accidentally shot himself in the head at his home in the Austin neighborhood on the West Side.
A homeless man is the third person in Cook County to die of cold exposure since November, according to an autopsy conducted Saturday afternoon.
Della Cotton, of the 400 block of West Marquette Road, was found decomposed in her home, according to the Cook County Medical Examiner’s office.
Twenty-two members of a fraternity at Northern Illinois University have been charged in connection with the death of a student from excessive drinking during a hazing ritual last month.
- Three Stabbed On Northwest SideThree teenagers were stabbed in the Belmont Cragin area Thursday night on the Northwest Side.142
- Students Disciplined For ‘Sexting’ Incident At Evanston Township HighIn a letter to parents dated Thursday, District 202 Supt. Eric Witherspoon wrote that girls sent inappropriate photos to members of the varsity baseball team.265
- Cops Crack Down On Retailers Who Sell Stolen GoodsA new law in Illinois is allowing police and retailers to work together to crack down on organized retail theft. CBS 2's Mike Puccinelli reports.117
- Jury Sides With Donald Trump In Condo Dispute With Woman, 87A federal jury has sided with developer Donald Trump -- not the 87-year-old woman who says she was cheated financially after buying two condominiums at his Trump Tower project.1056
- VIDEO: Guard Allegedly Pushes Dunbar Student Down StairsAn employee at a public high school in the Bronzeville neighborhood has been taken off the job after being recorded on cell phone video pushing a girl down a set of stairs.408
- Concealed Carry Bill Moves To House Floor, But Senate ObjectsA concealed-carry gun deal brokered by House Speaker Michael Madigan cleared a House committee Thursday, but its prospects were unclear across the Capitol in the Senate because of the way it would curb existing local gun laws.165
- Benjamin Moore Which Team Colors Matter Most? May 24, 2013Which Team Colors matter most to you? Either way, you could be a winner! Just sign up now for a chance to win $500 Depot Dollars to the Chicago Sports Depot to pick up some gear with your favorite team colors as they battle it out this week!
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- RT @Millennium_Park: Tomorrow morning see a LIVE preview of Dinosaur Petting Zoo on CBS 2 from Millennium Park @CBS2Chicago @VinceGerasole … 10 hours ago
- RT @ChicagoDCASE: Tomorrow morning see a LIVE preview of Dinosaur Petting Zoo on CBS 2 from Millennium Park @CBS2Chicago @VinceGerasole htt… 10 hours ago