Former Illinois guard Demetri McCamey has reportedly signed a one-year deal with Mersin, a professional basketball team in Turkey.
Demetri McCamey’s Illinois career came to an end with a 73-59 loss to top seeded Kansas on Sunday. Over his four years at Illinois, McCamey put up big numbers and at times looked like an elite player.
The tantalizing question is whether the Fighting Illini basketball program – and, in particular, its embattled head coach Bruce Weber – can stare down the 800-pound gorilla in the gym.
Mike Davis tied his season high with 22 points, Demetri McCamey added 17 points and seven assists and Illinois dominated UNLV 73-62.
Illinois had an 11 point lead at the half in the Big Ten tournament quarterfinal Friday. Then Michigan stormed ahead and claimed the lead and Illinois couldn’t hang on.
The Fighting Illini got revenge for an earlier defeat at the hands of the Hoosiers and improved their chances for an NCAA tournament bid on Saturday by dominating Indiana 72-48 in Champaign.
When the Fighting Illini seniors look back on their four years of college basketball, some of their fondest memories will be of their hoarse-throated coach Bruce Weber and his temper.
That ‘it’ is the toughness, leadership and fight that has been absent all season for the Fighting Illini. Tuesday night’s 89-70 loss to Ohio State was another example of ‘it’ not being there.
Illinois started strong when facing Michigan Wednesday night. When it came to the second half, coach Bruce Weber was getting nervous. Michigan had a strong push and the Illini only barely won.
So, maybe this Bruce Weber guy can coach a little, after all. And perhaps Illini basketball isn’t dead just yet.
The Illinois Fighting Illini started the season strong, but has recently lost their edge. Coach Bruce Weber knows the talent is their, all that seems to be missing is some leadership and toughness in his players.
The Fighting Illini’s Demetri McCamey has been named a finalist for the Bob Cousy Award for the nation’s best point guard.
The Northwestern Wildcats snapped a three-game losing streak, taking a big early lead over Illinois and then holding on for a narrow victory in Evanston on Saturday.
Illinois was hoping to get their third straight win over Wisconsin Saturday, but the Badgers stayed ahead. Illinois lost by ten points in their second loss in a row.
Northwestern didn’t have a chance when they took the court against Illinois. The Fighting Illini took a 23 point lead at the half. The Wildcats put up a second half fight, but were too far behind for a comeback.
Illinois led the Wisconsin Badgers early and stayed ahead, snapping Wisconsin’s seven game win streak.
Illinois and UIC finished the first half tied and kept the remainder of the game head-to-head. UIC took the win by a mere three points, snapping Illinois’ seven-game winning streak.
From his first shot, Demetri McCamey knew something was wrong. The ball just didn’t feel right.
Illinois was behind by mere four points leading into the second half. Determined to win, Illinois more than doubled the points scored in the second half from the first to guarantee the win.
Illinois out-shot the Bulldogs in both halves of the game Saturday, launching a barrage of three-pointers for the 73-61 victory.
- Man Charged With Sex Trafficking For Second Time In Cook CountyA man previously convicted of sex trafficking in Cook County has been charged again, this time for allegedly kidnapping a Minnesota woman and bringing her to Chicago to work in the sex trade.201
- Body Found In Lake Is Missing U Of C StudentAuthorities have confirmed the body found in Lake Michigan early Wednesday belonged to a University of Chicago student who has been missing for a week.692
- Lewis Points Finger At ‘Rich White People’ For School ProblemsA day before the first set of school closings was set to begin, Chicago Teachers Union President Karen Lewis had some harsh words about how the Chicago Public Schools are funded and managed, blaming much of the district’s problems on racism.5989
- Man Shot To Death In South Suburban HomewoodNineteen-year-old Homewood resident Henry Kormoi died from at least one gunshot wound he suffered near home in the 1100 block of 187th Street.112
- State Discontinues Healthcare Funding For Disabled Stroke VictimUnconscionable. That's what a doctor calls a state decision to cut care funding for a patient.311
- Teen Says He Got E. Coli From Burrito At Lombard RestaurantA local teen says he got sick because of a burrito he ate from a local restaurant that's now the focus of an e coli outbreak.158
- Win $1,000 In Gas From Hyundai! June 17, 2013Enter to win $1,000 in free gas from Hyundai! What’s better than free gas? How about the 2013 Elantra Limited with an EPA-Estimated 38 MPG Highway! 28 City/38 Hwy. EPA Estimates. For comparison only. Actual mileage may vary.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!