CBS 2’s Derrick Blakley talked with the Alsip company that provided the so-called “party bus” to two dozen Oswego East High School students.
John Malone, 20, was riding in an SUV with three others about 60 miles south of Chicago on Interstate 65, when the vehicle blew a tire and spun out of control.
The courageous Logan Square shopkeeper who fought off a pair of armed robbers with a baseball bat said Tuesday he bears no ill will toward the men who shot him and tried to rob him.
Fredrick Goings was sentenced to life in prison Thursday for the 2009 murders of the ex-girlfriend of former Bulls star Eddy Curry and their infant daughter.
William “Billy” Curl had been scheduled to stand trial next week for the murder of Antinette “Toni” Keller, an art student at NIU, in October 2010. He had been charged with first-degree murder, criminal sexual assault and arson in connection with Keller’s death.
CBS 2′s Derrick Blakley explains why.
They’re less than five blocks apart; two Chicago public schools, each more empty than full. Now, one has been marked for closing, stirring controversy in the Washington Heights neighborhood.
CBS 2′s Derrick Blakley looks at a real-estate trend: luxury rentals.
Bond has been denied for the two purported gang members allegedly responsible for gunning down a 15-year-old honor student two weeks ago.
Jim McClelland’s company has bought more than 1,000 foreclosed houses, renovated them and rented them out to new tenants.
Detectives from Chicago and the suburbs believe they finally got their man. Police plan to announce charges on Wednesday for a man arrested in connection with the robberies of more than a dozen local hair salons.
With President Barack Obama’s second inauguration coming on the Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King Holiday, Monday has been a day of special significance for African-Americans.
Trinity United Church of Christ isn’t just any church. It’s Barack Obama’s former church. CBS 2′s Derrick Blakley reports.
Business leaders told CBS 2’s Derrick Blakley it’s a sign the economic climate is improving.
CBS 2’s Derrick Blakley was in court for the latest chapter in what’s become an international and emotional drama.
A federal jury has found Robert Maday guilty of multiple charges–including bank robbery, escaping custody and a 27-hour crime spree.
It’s a fascinating mystery, with more questions than answers. Authorities have been trying to determine who poisoned a man who died days after winning a $1 million jackpot in a lottery instant game.
Investigators have been trying to determine how a 46-year-old man who won $1 million on an instant lottery game last summer ended up dying from cyanide poisoning.
Some local ministers are calling the musical both insensitive and racist, and they’re not even Mormon.
Chicago’s crackdown on violence at gang funerals took a different turn Thursday, as police took pre-emptive action to remove a potential gang target from a funeral site.
- Woman Robs North Side BankA woman robbed a Lakeview bank Tuesday afternoon on the city’s North Side.254
- Four Schools To Be Spared From Closing; Another To Be DelayedHours before a final vote by the Chicago Board of Education, Chicago Public Schools officials have agreed to back off of plans to close four of the 53 elementary schools targeted for closing at the end of the school year, Board Vice President Jesse Ruiz confirmed Wednesday morning.415
- Boy, 17, Fatally Shot In Back Of The YardsA teenage boy was fatally shot in the South Side Back of the Yards neighborhood Tuesday evening, police said.147
- Police: Man Killed In Jump From Gold Coast BuildingA man jumped to his death early Tuesday from the Gold Coast high-rise building where he lived, authorities said.303
- Police: Man Touches Woman’s Leg At South Loop CTA StationPolice are looking for man who inappropriately touched a woman at a South Loop CTA station Tuesday morning.147
- Rapper Chief Keef Arrested In Georgia Hotel After Staff Smells MarijuanaChicago rapper Chief Keef makes no secret of his fondness for marijuana. The staff at the swanky LeMeridien Atlanta Perimeter hotel doesn’t share that fondness.144
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!